GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Happy Birthday Scabhunter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday Scabhunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Birthday Scabhunter

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
    Thanks to everybody who has posted since the last time I logged on. I'm sitting in the Hall right now just waiting for the doors to open. Less than half an hour to go - back later.

SH

EDIT - They just opened as I was typing this.

Enjoy SH sounds superb...look forward to update!

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
      Enjoy SH sounds superb...look forward to update!
      Thanks mate, yes, it was. Those YCAT musicians are excellent quality. I didn't notice a single technical mistake in the whole thing, and there are some seriously difficult passages in those works.

The weather has turned a bit – we've now got the strong winds we were promised, and there has been one shower. No sense of occasion, or it would have happened at 1pm!

I'm sitting outside a cafe in Baker Street, just next door to a travel agent which is advertising flights to the Southern Hemisphere – Australia and New Zealand, including stop-offs in the Middle East and Thailand. Now, who on Earth would want to do that?

I've just visited one of my favourite places – the rose gardens in Regent's Park. The central feature was a red rose which they call 'Ingrid Bergman' – funny, I don't remember the real Bergman being red. Perhaps she's been out in the sun too long. I also saw some large white roses called 'English Miss', a reference no doubt to our Association Football strikers.

Back later as long as it stays dry – water and laptops don't mix.

SH

Comment

♥Happy Birthday♥

hope you have had a great day x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I hope all your birthday dreams and wishes come true.

Lovemoney X
          Last edited by Lovemoney; 2 October 2012, 18:02.

Comment

Happy Birthday!!!!

Comment

Sounds like you are having a great day. I hope the torrential showers that we have had haven't hit you.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No chance to make any further updates until now – let's just say the weather has turned "British".

I am in Euston now waiting for the train back home, so at least I can open the laptop without it getting flooded. Keeping the thread updated on the move is not that easy.

I know what you're all screaming at me – “Get a cell phone!” I honestly thought I would have done that by now, but Samsung have just announced the launch of their new Note 2, which is obviously going to be a vast improvement on any other cell phone on the market. I've decided to wait for that to become established before I join the ranks of the mad cell phone heads, so it will probably be next spring.

I'll have to be careful how I word things when that happens. If I say "I'm posting this from my cell", it might make some poor bugger think they've reintroduced debtor's prisons.

I've seen some pretty heated discussions on this forum of Apple v. Android, so I'll leave the subject of cell phones there......

I'll make one last "round up" post if I get back home in one piece.

SH

Comment

Right, back home again and posting from the PC.

That was another example of where a cell phone would have come in useful – Twenty minutes of fighting the rain and wind to get home from the station, whereas if I'd had a cell phone I could have just called a private hire cab out and saved myself the trouble. Maybe next year.

At least it wasn't as bad as June 3rd. I'd been in London that weekend and had to make the same dash home through even worse weather, this time at 2am. When I got back in and logged on to the forum, there was only one other poster on the site. Guess who?

Got it in one! It was, of course, Never-In-Bed!

I think I've got drowned on every single planned trip I've made this year. If I see a certain DCA referred to as 'Wetclothes' again I'll probably throw the bloody PC out of the window.

Well, that was a good day, although it was distinctly a day of two halves for the weather. I definitely made the right choice of where to go and what to do. I feel more at home in Wigmore Hall than anywhere else on the planet, so if you've never been, I strongly recommend a trip.

I've still got more 'birthday presents' waiting to come in over the coming days. I've worked so hard in the past two months I thought I'd treat myself to a load of CDs. They've all been ordered from Amazon and should be coming in during the next week or two. I've ordered complete sets of the Schubert and Beethoven string quartets (I've already got complete sets of the Mozart and Mendelssohn quartets), a complete set of Mendelssohn symphonies and overtures, the complete Rachmaninov symphonies, a set of recordings by Rostropovich including Dvorak's Cello Concerto in B Minor and Rachmaninov's Cello Sonata in G Minor, the recordings Colin Davis made with the Staatskepelle Dresden of Mozart's final four symphonies, and a used set of CDs from 1991 of Isaac Stern playing the Mozart violin concertos.

Are there any other music fans on AAD? If so, feel free to post below.

Right, that's it. The day is virtually over. I'm going to get in the hot bath and then have an Ovaltine. I'm sure there will be more mundane matters to attend to tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who posted on this thread – I'll go through and thank each post properly before I go to bed. It's a shame I can only thank them once, because they have made the day greater than it would otherwise have been. AAD is a wonderful place to be.

Thanks again, and goodnight.

SH

Comment

I'm so glad that you have a lovely day, just let me know when and where you are next going out so I can avoid the weather

Comment

Working...
                    X