GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Glam 70's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Glam 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Glam 70's

Bye Bye Baby lyrics

If you hate me after what I say
    Can't put it off any longer
    I just gotta tell ya anyway

Bye Bye Baby, baby goodbye.
    Bye baby, baby bye bye.
    Bye bye baby, don't make me cry
    Bye baby, baby bye bye.

You're the one girl in town I'd marry
    Girl, I'd marry you now if I were free
    I wish it could be.
    I could love you but why begin it
    'Cos there ain't any future in it,
    She's got me and I'm not free, so:

[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/bay-ci...by-lyrics.html ]
    Bye baby, baby bye bye.
    Bye baby, baby bye bye.

Wish I never had known you better
    Wish I knew you before I met her, Gee
    How good it would be for me.
    Shoulda told her that I can't linger,
    There's a wedding ring on my finger,
    She's got me and I'm not free, so:

Bye baby, baby ybe bye.
    Bye baby, baby bye bye.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      No who are they?
      What you don't remember Adam Faith as Budgie Bird and Ian Cuthbertson as Charlie Endall.

I loved my Budgie Jacket,. I really thought I was Jack the Lad.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        What you don't remember Adam Faith as Budgie Bird and Ian Cuthbertson as Charlie Endall.

I loved my Budgie Jacket,. I really thought I was Jack the Lad.

did it look something like this
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post

did it look something like this
          Wow, did you have one as well?
          Yes mine was Purple and Black. With my Kojak sunglasses I thought I was the dogs danglers.

It's only years on I realise what a fashion victim I was.

Happy days though.
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

These were the boy's back then I used to play at school with my 2 mates and pretend to be them

Comment

Isn't that bloke on the right Martin Wossisface from MSE, pmsl!!!!

Comment

When I look at what we used to wear I often Cringe, My favorite iten was my Afghan Coat. I lived, slept and breathed in it. It was the survivor of dozens of crazy raves and festivals.

But if there is one fashion I wish would come back it is this.

Being a dwarf of 5 feet 6 and I stress one half inches. When I wore my platforms I could reach over the heads of all the giants wearing flat shoes to get to the bar first.

Problem was when the girls wore plastforms, I remember asking one girlfriend to stand in the gutter while I stood on the kerb to give her a good night kiss.

Comment

Irie!!!
                  Last edited by charitynjw; 29 May 2011, 19:09.

Comment

I want those shoes, how taller will that make me, I am about 5'6 approx tall, could do with being a little taller.

Oh and the lyrics to "Give a little love" yes you guessed again by the Bay City Rollers....

It's a teenage dream to be seventeen
                    And to find you're all wrapped up in lo-o-ove
                    And I found that you made a dream come true
                    Now I do believe in what they say-ay-ay

You've got to give a little love, take a little love
                    Be prepared to forsake a little love
                    And when the sun comes shining through
                    We'll know what to do-oo

Give a little love, take a little love
                    We'll know what to do

When I walk with you there is just we two
                    And the world goes by and I just don't care-are
                    And I know one day I will find a way
                    To be safe and sound within your hear-eart

So until I do, gonna give a little love, take a little love
                    We'll know what to do-oo

We'll know what to do

We'll know what to do-oo

We'll know what to do

You've got to give a little love, take a little love
                    We'll know what to do-oo

Be prepared to forsake a little love [fade]

Comment

try these Di

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post

try these Di

Wow, want them want them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Wow, want them want them!!!
                          Will Mr Di need to borrow my step ladders?

I was 16 when I got my first pair of platforms (when they were in fashion for guys) the shop assistant said how do they feel, I said great. She said but you havent walked in them yet. They will be OK said I standing up, I took 2 steps and fell flat on my face.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 30 May 2011, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Will Mr Di need to borrow my step ladders?

I was 16 when I got my first pair of platforms (when they were in fashion for guys) the shop assistant said how do they feel, I said great. She said but you havent walked in them yet. They will be OK said I standing up, I took 2 steps and fell flat on my face.

Oh dear
                            Hmm step ladders, yes good idea Handy

Comment

I think you have a sweet spot in your life and the 70's was it.

Left school in 1970 straight into a job at 16, with 5 years at Tech.

Worked for the family business from 18 so had a company car, 1600 E cortina. Discos every night, except monday they were closed, flared trousers, platform shoes, white shirts to catch the ultra violate light.

So many nights spent at Pantiles in Bagshot.

Met my wife in 73, married in 74, still married 38 years on.

Life seemed to improve year on year for ordinary folk. Despite the strikes, there was a lot of optimism and happiness around.

Bought first house in 76, that long hot summer. Cost £11,480.00, brand new semi detached just outside Reading.

Had enough money to live on and buy records, clothes ect.

If you brought something then, you actually apreciated it. You may have had to wait, but it was all the sweeter.

8 track tape players, music centres, debating whether to splash out and rent a colour TV or stick with black & white.

Marvyn Gaye's Whats going on, Stevie Wonders Inervisions and Talking Book, Led Zeplin.

Take me back there.

Oh, and definitely the re-introduction of Mini Skirts. Heaven.

Comment

Working...
                              X