GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any cooks on board? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any cooks on board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any cooks on board?

went back to my old shop I use to work as a Manager/fryer last week on a visit to daughters, they use the same oil I brought to the various chip shops the owner had and restaurants in those early days, and they still cut etc their own fish from a very reputable supplier, few old staff there still as well.

What use to get me was that although Brixham was just down the road, the market/landings was a closed shop, only to the big boys, so no buying direct except though a dealer.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
      no, i didn't mate. I just re-read the thread and did wonder when he said that!

Deepie - do you do SA Gold batter as an option lol

it's a closely guarded secret........
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        it's a closely guarded secret........
        Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 we all have secrets that is what keeps the world going round!

Comment

I don't know where you would get the beef dripping nowadays. Lard was what my mum used, I use corn oil.

What I hate is chips (and fish) from those shops that cook everything in the same oil. Worse taste is in the ethnic shops where not only is it 3/4 chicken fat, but with whatever spices they coat them in. Once I taste the chicken fat, I bin the product and I never return. Whatever happened to separate fryers for chicken?

Comment

alternate frying used in proper chip shops, depends on how many pans, my old favorite was the Spitfire Range made Preston & Tomas, that old unit now gone it seems since I left but newer version installed

Comment

I'm lucky, I live near York /Leeds / Wetherby - hence we get access to the best in the UK (albeit, Deepie has right to argue that claim)....

Wetherby Whaler nomnomnomnom

http://www.wetherbywhaler.co.uk/

**** I'm the boss hence I can advertise
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                I don't know where you would get the beef dripping nowadays. Lard was what my mum used, I use corn oil.
                They don't taste the same fried in anything other then beef dripping .....

mine comes in a 20 kilo box ....

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                alternate frying used in proper chip shops, depends on how many pans, my old favorite was the Spitfire Range made Preston & Tomas, that old unit now gone it seems since I left but newer version installed
                Spot on TC ......

I had an old Spitfire up until 3 years ago.....

Comment

When you showed Site Team your legs (don't argue or I'll show everyone)

Christ, have you been in charge for that long
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They don't taste the same fried in anything other then beef dripping .....

mine comes in a 20 kilo box ....

Spot on TC ......

In fact the old spitfire range was installed where I worked over 26 years ago the Boss moved down from Windsor and his old boss gave it to him, it had been in use donkeys years before that!

we changed the pans twice in my time (over 20 years),

1st time we rang Preston & Tomas all they asked was our location and then they told us the model age etc and cost of replacement pans.

Comment

This was the old Spitfire ...couldn't get any parts for it after it started to leak hot oil.... so they condemned it ....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X