GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lost sunglasses - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost sunglasses

Morning!

This is a bit of a rant really, but here goes!

Went for a stroll during work lunch hour the other day. Lovely when i left and pissed down on the way back! When i arrived back i went to the disabled toilets so i could take my shirt off and use the hand dryer to dry it. I took off my sunglasses and placed them on the towel box on the wall.

Shortly after leaving work i realised i had left them in the toilet and called my boss who went to the toilets although they had gone and nothing had been handed in to reception either. Bugger.

Following morning, in the kitchen i saw two people who work on the other side of the building to me. I said "can you do me a favour and ask if anyone has found any sunglasses - i left mine in the disabled toilet". A guy at the sink pipes up and says "were they black ray bans?". "yes, i said, did you find them"
    "no, but the same thing happened to me a while ago".

Driving in this morning and at the lights i am next to someone (not the person making the comment) who works over the other side of the building with what looks like the same model of sunglasses i lost.

I would like to think that the people I work with would have handed them in to reception and we did have visitors to the building that day so want to think it was a visitor who robbed them but that comment seems a bit of an odd thing to come out with - what do you guys think?

I have told some of the boys in work who said that it sounds well dodgy. If i left them in a pub or supermarket, i wouldn't expect to have them back but in the workplace i would like to think yes!

Cheers
    SA Gold
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Lost sunglasses

Sadly I think it's a sign of the times mate.

Comment

Re: Lost sunglasses

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
      Sadly I think it's a sign of the times mate.
      yep!
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X