GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where would you go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where would you go?

Where would I visit again if I could? .............. My childhood - never had a care in the world then!

Comment

Skiathos. I love Greece and would live there given the Choice.

Comment

Me too vint
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It is strange in a way, because I was thinking about this very issue last Saturday. I was going across London, first to open an account at Metro Bank, and then to go on to exotic Saafend. I stopped to eat some food in Byng Place, and even though the sun was out and it was June, it was still freezing. As I've got no family or anything which I would regret leaving behind, I did begin to wonder whether or not I would consider moving to a better climate.

I have never visited any country outside of the UK and Ireland, so I can't possibly provide Pixie's type of input based on actual experience. It is a tragedy that Europe's most developed city, Helsinki, is in a climatic region which is even worse than ours. In Helsinki, there are highly developed rail, bus and tram routes, and 72% of all workers travel to work using a proper method of transportation. Even that is far lower than it should be, but it would feel like the greatest breath of fresh air possible compared with England's rotting infrastructure carcass. I would love to visit, but the climate would be more than I could bear permanently.

I would like to experience one of the more developed cities by the Mediterranean coast. I like cities, because they have transportation systems, and I detest rural areas because they do not. I also like coastal regions and being close to the sea. If I was one day to become rich, I think I would go on a short tour of the region, including Málaga, Valencia, Marseille, Roma and Napoli, before deciding where to live (I only wish I had the time to learn Español, Français and Italiano).

It sounds like an impossible dream, and in my circumstances it certainly is an impossible dream, but it is not out of the question if I can get my writing income up high enough – it is a mobile business which can be run from anywhere, and all EU passport holders have a right to live anywhere within the area.

SH

Comment

I know my perspective is different because I drive and you don' t SH but I love rural areas.

When I go abroad on holiday I hire a car for a few days and head off to the little rural villages away from the resort areas.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You know what - I think differently to most (no shit) and this'll not be any surprise either but I actually wouldn't care. I believe and feel that you could be sat on a bus or sat in paradise - it's not so much where you are but who you're with.

We're fortunate to have travelled to some lovely destinations from Cuba (fave hotspot) to Algeria! Nothing too wild but that's the point - we love the simple things in life.

I've always said i'd like to win just £1m - not £80m. I don't want a life upheaval where in time, after doing everything you ever wanted to (due to unlimited money) you'd be bored. Instead I'd like to have enough to just enjoy a few nice holidays with poppy & our kids.

Sad but true. It's not always the money. Many billionaires have died with nothing more than their right hand for company
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have to agree with you Niddy. Having the people you love around you is more important than money. Howevrr, you do need to have enough money to enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Many billionaires have died with nothing more than their right hand for company
                  Very true, old chap, but there are some of us who will only ever have our right and left hands for company (ambidextrous), and we may as well be lonely in a nice place as in a nasty one - as long as we could afford it.

SH

Comment

me too

I like it to be quiet but it must have

THE PERFECT VILLAGE INGREDIENTS

by water
                    outside space at the house
                    a village pub/restaurant/tearoom
                    a shop for some food items(bakery or deli type of place)
                    a shop for wee gifts
                    not too far from a big city (only if i need to go)
                    a doctor's surgery
                    flat ground, no horrendous hills
                    quiet no piles of people

anything I've missed, it's quite a tall order as it is

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                      Where would you go if money was no object? Where would you visit again if you could? Where's your favourite holiday destination?

If money was no object I would go to Mozambique

Been to Mozambique quite a few times when I lived in South Africa mind you back then in the 80s it was still trying to rebuilt itself following the civil war,lots of poverty around a crumbling Lorenzo Marks the Capital, but still fabulous beaches and deep sea fishing....

I suppose I have been fortunate to visit many places around the world in the course of my work without occurring any personal expense.

Most interesting of my adventures would be split between crossing the plains of Kenya and driving from Hong Kong to Beijing ....both adventures an eye opener that's for sure....!

These days my perfect holiday would be relaxing on a Greek island, Skiathos being my favorite.

Comment

Allan mate - I've just watched this (in awe).....

I'd actually let you fly me there if I could afford the plane and you to pilot it - amazing eh? Dreams....

Full Link --> YouTube

Watch this - well worth 10 mins of your life. I was gobsmacked alright...!
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

seems skaithos is going to be a bit busy

Comment

i still would rather been up in the forests and mountains hidden away from civilization only with my loved ones.........and seeing no others around

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                              i still would rather been up in the forests and mountains hidden away from civilization only with my loved ones.........and seeing no others around
                              Bear Grylls

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                seems skaithos is going to be a bit busy
                                Skiathos is lovely MrsD.

Comment

Working...
                                X