GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Budget 2012 Let's discuss! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget 2012 Let's discuss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Budget 2012 Let's discuss!

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Lets also not forget about all the stuff that was not in the budget speech like 20% VAT on take away food, so you pop out at lunchtime to get a sandwich, crisps, or a Mc Donalds and you are HIT again.
    Lets not forget table tax for sitting in as well lol
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Budget 2012 book here:- http://cdn.hm-treasury.gov.uk/budget2012_complete.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
        I'm not particularly political but i can't stand bad reporting and lying toads, and boy were there a lot of one and quite a few of the other gloatng around this morning.
        Allegedly the 50p thing wasn't working, about two thirds down on what Gordon Brown said it would bring, HMRC confirm this (not that they're any great shots at adding up) but you have to take what they say as fact.

I'd always the defend the right to free speech but lying outright and alarming people unnecessarily is simply not on.
        If the 50P tax dosent work cancel the 20P tax.

Comment

Have been AWOL for a couple of days and am playing catch-up with posts.

Interesting to read the comments, both on here and also in the newspapers - it looks as if the so-called "granny-tax" is proving very unpopular. Still can't believe it - and, no, I don't feel any better about it or any better disposed to this government. Am also struggling with the rationale that it makes tax calculation easier - whereas the way the higher rate is calculated loooks almost opaque - well to me, anyway.

One of the newspaper articles I read mentioned an e-petition to get the issue debated. Am off to sign it ...

And I know it is not the only stupid, ill thought-out issue in this ridiculous budget - takeaway food, fuel tax, extra VAT on repairs to listed buildings, etc.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X