GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Small Court Claim against a bank - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Court Claim against a bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've spoken to two solicitors and they confirmed I've legal grounds to sue bank and they're happy to go ahead. I'll discuss this with Joanna Connolly next week sometime.

Third party have all purchaser info including his ID etc and they advised me to report this incident to Police or Action Fraud and they will cooperate with them for further investigation but bank refused to refer matter externally and third party refused to accept my complaint until I provide them something in writing why bank returned money to the purchaser but again bank refused to give me anything in writing. Third party might consider to compensate my loss if I give them some evidence. Third party is very clear about this that they facilitate my (even they acknowledged my sale and provided me written confirmation as a proof of payment in my account) sale and I received money in my account and followed correct trading rules and they are not accepting any responsibility for bank actions which I seems very fair and reasonable.

I think, bank not followed the correct procedure and acted on fake fraud report.

Comment

Forgive me, but if you have already done a GDPR request, and spoken to two solicitors about your problem, I don't see what more you are hoping to achieve on a forum of laymen consumers, particularly as you have rejected all suggestions made?

Comment

Originally posted by johnbruce View Post
        I've spoken to two solicitors and they confirmed I've legal grounds to sue bank and they're happy to go ahead. I'll discuss this with Joanna Connolly next week sometime.

Third party have all purchaser info including his ID etc and they advised me to report this incident to Police or Action Fraud and they will cooperate with them for further investigation but bank refused to refer matter externally and third party refused to accept my complaint until I provide them something in writing why bank returned money to the purchaser but again bank refused to give me anything in writing. Third party might consider to compensate my loss if I give them some evidence. Third party is very clear about this that they facilitate my (even they acknowledged my sale and provided me written confirmation as a proof of payment in my account) sale and I received money in my account and followed correct trading rules and they are not accepting any responsibility for bank actions which I seems very fair and reasonable.

I think, bank not followed the correct procedure and acted on fake fraud report.
        DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU I OR THE MAN ON THE MOON THINKS ITS A BANK CONFIDENTIALITY ISSUE ISN'T IT ?

You HAVE THE GDPR. But of course this doesn't give you the Purchaser's private information does it!
        That's correct because its between the Purchaser and their Bankers and frankly none of your business.

If you have a Banking Issue which is a matter of concern for each and every banking customer if there is the remote possibility of Fraud! THEN TAKE IT UP WITH FOS.

Which is what Joanna wrote.
        Joanna Connolly
        ".. I would suggest you make a GPDR request to Barclays which may shed some light and do complain to the FOS within the 6 month period .."

But ignoring the Bank where speculation and opinion will count for nothing if the Bank has acted correctly!

YOU ACTUAL ISSUE IS NON PAYMENT OF A PURCHASE ARRANGED THROUGH A THIRD PARTY

I agree with Still Waving !!!
        Last edited by Roger; 9 February 2022, 15:35.

Comment

Hello guys, just an update, I managed to recover my money through Simple procedure claim. I was not happy with Financial Ombudsman response and their way of working and then I closed my FOS complaint and started SP claim and bank defendant my claim but returned my money before one week of hearing. Bank don't have any evidence at all why they removed money from my account and it also costs them a lot.

I have more once stated FOS is outlandish in responses and not fit for purpose, lacking conscience and integrity.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 22 July 2022, 10:09.

Comment

Working...
          X