GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CIFAS marker (misuse of facility) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIFAS marker (misuse of facility)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIFAS marker (misuse of facility)

Hello all,

I hope I am posting this in the correct section. Please let me know if not.

I have a Cifas marker placed by RBS in 2019 for misuse of facility.

Whilst I was a student, I used to sell items on eBay and use my account to receive payments so I think the marker is related to this. My account was frozen after the buyer reported me for fraud and kept the item And the money.

Me and my wife are looking at buying our first house after saving up for a deposit for years. I've only just found out about the marker. I have applied for subject access request from Cifas and I have just sent SAR to RBS.

My question is has anyone managed to secure a mortgage with a Cifas marker? Maybe a lender who is not a member of Cifas. Any mortgage advisor who may help? Any advise and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Or does anyone know a good legal advisor/solicitor who has a good success rate. The marker does not expire for another 4 years and renting for this long is not an option.

Many thanks for reading and any help.

NICK

Never-In-Doubt
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I’m sure Niddy will be along with some great advice. I suppose one option if possible is for you wife to get the mortgage in her name.

Renting is not all bad by any means. I have rented my home for 17 years and there is no stress or worry. I might buy shortly with my partner but with the economic climate so uncertain we might just wait.

Comment

Hi

They can't add a CIFAS if you were innocent and the victim of scammers. Can you explain a bit more what happened, specifics.

Please email me - not suitable for public eyes; but happy to help you get rid of the cifas.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello both,

Thank you for replying.

I have send you a private message Niddy. The bank was under an impression that I was committing a fraud by selling an item and never delivering it. I kept telling the buyer that it was delayed and it was on the way. I even showed the bank the tracking number etc at the time. But they froze my account and I had to authorise a refund even though I had sent an item. Item was worth around £1000. The buyer kept the item too and the money.

My wife works part time and her income alone will not be sufficient to get a mortgage. We have been renting for some time now and we have been dreaming of our own property for some time. We both work and have just managed to save a good deposit.

Thanks
          Nick

Comment

Hi

Please directly email me.

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Reason is I'm not on here as much as I'd like as I'm too busy so email is easier to follow and respond for me.

Will await your email then I'll respond.

thanks
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X