GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hi ostrich taking head out of sand! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi ostrich taking head out of sand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ostrich taking head out of sand!

Hi as the title suggests I have been ignoring my debts and now I want to take control. I have racked up around £40k of debt with credit cards and personal loans mainly due to gambling which I am seeking help for. I did have a dmp through stepchange but due to redundancy cannot pay that amount and haven't since February. Any advice on where to start? I have been receiving letters but have not responded to any of them.

Currently owe

Zopa £9200

Tesco Bank £7400 Moorcroft now handling

Tesco Credit Cards £5800 Wescot now handling

Intrum uk £6000

Hitachi Capital £5600

Virgin Credit Cards £6700

Hi, welcome to AAD.

Could you help us, help you by splitting each debt into a separate post.

Use this format for each one >
    • Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft)
    • Date commenced
    • Approx balance
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or a debt purchaser)

Then requote the post (or C & P) each time you need help with a question or get correspondence etc.

Sorry if it seems a pain in the butt.
    It just helps anyone to see where things are up to, before they ask a question that has already been asked.

NW
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi thanks for responding I am currently looking at credit report so figures a bit different to what I posted earlier.

Zopa Personal loan

started 01/11/17

Balance owed £5576

Last payed in full July 2019

Not paying

Zopa writing to me

Comment

Tesco Bank personal loan

Start 23/05/18

Owe £5124

Last payed in full May 2019

Not paying

Moorcroft writing to me

Comment

Tesco credit card

Start 29/03/18

Owe £5269

Last payed in full April 2019

Not paying

Wescot writing to me

Comment

Virgin credit cards

Start 31/01/19

Owe £6856

Last payed in full April 2019

Not paying

Virgin writing to me

Comment

Hitachi Capital personal loan

Start 04/12/2018

Owe £11935

Last payed in full May 2019

Not paying

Hitachi writing to me

Comment

Intrum uk was ratesetter

Don't know start date

Owe £5254

Last payed in full don't know

Not paying

Intrum writing to me

Comment

Hi, sorry for slow reply but life is a bit hectic in my house.

thanks for setting them all out, could you give a rough outline of the letters received for each one.
                  just edit each post,

Next, what would you like to do,?
                  You could send a CCA request for each debt,including £1 payment, which is the fee for the request,
                  there is a template for it in the template section,
                  sorry can't link from my phone.
                  send with proof of posting, snail mail, do not request by email.

I would keep a separate file for each debt and place each letter received sent in it, then everything is in one place,
                  I had to buy a filing cabinet for mine
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Forgot one question,

Do you own your own home?

Comment

Hi yes I have a mortgage.

Comment

I think the cca request is the next thing I will do. Thanks for responding

Comment

Originally posted by Donegal View Post
                          I think the cca request is the next thing I will do.

I think so too.

Get a proof of posting for each one - ideally send Royal Mail Recorded Delivery (signed for) as NW said, so you can trace the delivery.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Donegal View Post
                            I think the cca request is the next thing I will do.

Did you send your CCA Requests as planned a month ago, and if so have you had any responses yet?

Almost all of these accounts appear to still be with the original creditors so they may produce something at this stage but hopefully they will assign your account (i.e. sell) to a debt purchaser since you are not paying them, and then things could become different.

I see there's one with Intrum so you may like to read what Jo posted recently about that debt purchaser here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                            Intrum UK Finance Limited is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Intrum UK Finance Limited which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

Intrum also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

Di

Comment

Hi Thank you for the responses. I have been totally stressed by these debts and buried my head in the sand again. As far as I am aware most of the debts are now with intrum and one other debt collection agency.

Comment

Working...
                              X