GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How do I move on - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I move on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will send a CCA request for all 3. So I guess that will need to be 2 to Cabot; but in the case of the Abbey card, I'm unsure whether to send it to Santander or Robinson Way.
    Kind regards, Turquiose.

Comment

if santander still own it then send it to them, RW only collect the debt, so would send to them for it anyway.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I haven't sent the CCA requests yet as I am concerned that I am opening a can of worms. I'm in a position now where I could start to pay an increased monthly amount but I would be way too stretched to offer more than about 70 per month overall. Being a home owner (and wanting to move in a couple of years) I'm afraid of a CCJ.

Would it be useful to request SARs first?

I find it strange that they have allowed me to pay £1 a month for so long without chasing and dont want to prompt action.

I guess it's fairly likely that Santander will have their CCA as Abbey was part of their group so they could be thought of as being the original lender?

For Cabot, how often do they have ue debts, has anyone on the forum had a ue debt with them?

Thanks

Comment

I/we have / had, 3 UE debts with cabot.we are also home owners, not paid them for 9 years so now also statute barred, even though they still write to ask us to pay for one of them

sending for a Sar will have the same affect as sending for the CCA, very little. You send that ( SAR)to the original lender.
          It may get them curious as to what you want to know, or why.

You took out the card with Abbey, so you require the CCA you signed with Abbey,

If you are happy to pay them while they are quiet then continue to do so.
          I wouldn't offer them anymore then you are now, save it yourself towards the new home.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I made some enquiries last year with stepchange into increasing my mortgage as I'd like to do some modernisation or move house. The advice was that high street lenders would not lend to someone with debts even though they have dropped off my credit file. They said that the checks they would do on my bank account would show that I'm paying monthly to dcas even though it's a nominal manageable amount. They look back 3 months. So my idea is maybe I can get due, stop paying for 3 months then secure the mortgage offer.

Could there be any benefit in just stopping the 3 £1 monthly payments or is that likely to stir things up more than asking for the cca?

Comment

Typo "So my idea is maybe I can get due" should say "So my idea is maybe I can get ue's"

Comment

You could just stop paying, it may be a while before they contact you, but at some time you would need to do a CCA request to see where you stand with the legality of them.
                A CCA request is just that. A request to see the agreement you signed when taking out the debt, nothing more nothing less.
                They may ask you, after they have sent their reply, to fill in an I&E to look at increasing your payments, you do not have to fill it in, you just reply with the amount you can afford to pay, no reason why, just stick to your guns.
                if they turn out to be UE, they cannot get a CCJ to make you pay.

Comment

You could always pay by cheque if you are worried about the checks a mortgage company would do.

Comment

If you want to avoid marks on your bank account, although more expensive, postal orders from the post office are good.

Comment

Debt 2: 22/5/20 - CCA request sent to Cabot for Halifax CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Turquoise View Post
                        Debt 2: 22/5/20 - CCA request sent to Cabot for Halifax CC.
                        Hopefully they will be unable to find anything

Can you just double check the owners- I know they try and blind you by science by having company A working for B who are working for C. It should be on the Notice of Assignment.

I only ask because you would not be the first by a long way to misread what has been written.

Comment

Debt 2:

Halifax Credit card £7k

• Agreement date – April 2007
                          Account sold to Cabot Credit Management group 26/3/15
                          I’ve been paying £1 per month throughout.

I’ve taken the following from a recent letter from Cabot:
                          • Owner: Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

22/5/20 - CCA request sent to Cabot for Halifax CC.

The owner of the debt (assuming it was lawfully assigned) should be on the Notice of Assignment which should have been served on you by both Halifax and Cabot in 2015.

Cabot Credit Management Group may just be 'managing' the debt on a day-to-day basis, whilst the legal owner could be another entity such as Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which is not authorised by the FCA to issue legal proceedings.

Did you open this credit card online or in a branch etc?

Di

Comment

The account was probably opened online as I don't recall going into a branch.

I can't find any letters entitled 'Notice of assignment' either from the Halifax or from Cabot but it may be that I've thrown them away a long time ago.

A letter from the Halifax in July 2015 says that all respective rights, title and interest were assigned to the Cabot Credit Management Group, effective March 2015, and that Cabot Financial (with the address Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited) will be managing my account.

From Cabot I have a 'Welcome to Cabot' letter saying that 'Cabot Credit Management Group' had bought the account. The address to write to them on the letter was Cabot Financial, Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited. A statement from them in April 2016 referred to 'Lender: Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited’. Another statement in Dec 2016 refers to 'Lender: Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited’.

Comment

Debt 2:

I can't find any letters entitled 'Notice of assignment' either from the Halifax or from Cabot but it may be that I've thrown them away a long time ago.

A letter from the Halifax in July 2015 says that all respective rights, title and interest were assigned to the Cabot Credit Management Group, effective March 2015, and that Cabot Financial (with the address Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited) will be managing my account.

From Cabot I have a 'Welcome to Cabot' letter saying that 'Cabot Credit Management Group' had bought the account. The address to write to them on the letter was Cabot Financial, Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited. A statement from them in April 2016 referred to 'Lender: Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited’. Another statement in Dec 2016 refers to 'Lender: Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited’.

Comment

Debt 2:

..A statement from them in April 2016 referred to 'Lender: Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited’
                                Another statement in Dec 2016 refers to 'Lender: Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited’.

Cabot Financial (Marlin ) Limited - lapsed
                                FCA entry https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr
                                Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited - lapsed
                                FCA entry https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr

Comment

Working...
                                X