GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script INTRUM HSBC Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTRUM HSBC Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do realise my method goes against all of the advice to be had here on AAD, But...
    Despite Intrum never advancing on requesting more than the token payment of £1pcm, and not having my phone number, the thought that either a CCA could re-materialise (HOWEVER UNLIKELY), or accounts could be transferred to a more aggressive DC who could go down the CCJ route, or the thought of home visits.

One account is no longer on credit report, whilst the other account drops off of in December.

If you clear your account by way of partial settlement any default that may be registered in relation to this account would be updated to 'partially satisfied', the outstanding balance will show as zero on your credit file and you will not be pursued for any remainder of the balance by Intrum or any other third party. Please be aware partially satisfied may be considered less favourable than fully satisfied by future providers of credit

I first made the offer (EMAILED) then received acceptance through EMAIL, then phoned up and requested confirmation in WRITING before agreeing to pay within 7 days

Comment

Originally posted by nigelgriggs View Post
      I do realise my method goes against all of the advice to be had here on AAD, But...
      Despite Intrum never advancing on requesting more than the token payment of £1pcm, and not having my phone number, the thought that either a CCA could re-materialise (HOWEVER UNLIKELY), or accounts could be transferred to a more aggressive DC who could go down the CCJ route, or the thought of home visits.

Hello

It's not for me to comment on the help and support that you may have received on this internet forum. The members' posts are based on their own personal experiences and successes. Lots of them.

However I am concerned that your username may be your real name. I may be wrong.

Would you like me to contact the forum administrator to change that for you since debt purchasers and their solicitors routinely read internet forums?

I'll be happy to post my thoughts once it's safe to do so.

Di
      Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 30 May 2020, 17:15. Reason: typos

Comment

I first made the offer (EMAILED) then received acceptance through EMAIL, then phoned up and requested confirmation in WRITING before agreeing to pay within 7 days

Was your offer made 'Without Prejudice' and did it (and their acceptance of your offer) specifically state that the balance of the debt would not be assigned to anyone else?

And did you make two separate offers i.e. one for each account/debt?

Di

Comment

Hello Diana,
          The emailed offer was sent as and worded with 'Without Prejudice', also they stated that the outstanding balance will show as zero on my credit file, and I will not be pursued for any remainder of the balance by Intrum or any other third party.

Comment

Hello Diana,
            The emailed offer was sent as and worded with 'Without Prejudice', also they stated that the outstanding balance will show as zero on my credit file, and I will not be pursued for any remainder of the balance by Intrum or any other third party.

Okay, so wait to see what comes in writing from them.

Do you have an answer to my other question >

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
            I am concerned that your username may be your real name. I may be wrong.

Would you like me to contact the forum administrator to change that for you since debt purchasers and their solicitors routinely read internet forums?
            Di

Comment

hello Di, i did send a private message, but yes please, if you could have those details changed, that'd be much appreciated.
              many thanks

Comment

hello Di, i did send a private message, but yes please, if you could have those details changed, that'd be much appreciated.

I have passed on your request

Di

Comment

thanks once again Di & Niddy

Comment

Hello Diana, both accounts (offers were made separately) both stating 'Without Prejudice'

Intrum have sent me a letter stating,
                    'we write to confirm receipt of you final payment £x.x, we have now closed your account' (for each account)
                    had confirmation (I demanded it in writing) stating 'the accounts would be updated to 'partially satisfied', the outstanding balance will show as zero on your credit file and you will not be pursued for any remainder of the balance by Intrum or any other third party.'

I would of preferred sitting on hands method, but the wife's arguments won (predictably), and the offer of funds from family, helped to make it final.
                    I cannot thank everyone enough for help and advice along the way, and im sure if not for AAD and the templates, I would of kept paying Intrum for another 10 or 20 years.
                    thank you all again

Comment

Working...
                    X