GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script INTRUM HSBC Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTRUM HSBC Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nigelgriggs View Post
    Hi Roger, i had assumed that if Intrum gave up chasing debts on accounts because of it being UE, then they would return it back to Lloyds / Hsbc,
    who would in turn ship it out to another Debt Collector. I have seen elsewhere online about accounts being sold / transferred again while in Dispute,
    then there's also the thought regarding the actual CCA being found (unlikely, I HOPE).
    So many different thoughts going around my head.
    Many of us on AAD shared your thoughts and experiences especially thoughts running around in ones head!

Bad debts are part of the daily business of Original Creditors and they are able to claim tax relief on these which are written off their books.
    The DBA buy stale already bad debts as a calculated commercial Risk and they pay pennies in the pound.

Your penalty is the loss/reduction of your credit rating for 6 years! This penalty can have serious consequences in our private and working lives.

AAD and the Diary approach helps you take back control over your Debts rather than these DCA's running your life!
    You will find a wealth of experience on this site without judgement.
    But over the years the Law and tactics have changed.
    DCA's are busy and we would want our debts at the bottom of their work pile wouldn't we!
    So hence SILENCE requesting the CCA plus £1 is a Consumers Right and whilst this is outstanding the Debt is UE. Now what if they send you a EN CCA? Well many on AAD have Blagged their way to Statute Barred.

You see SILENCE is golden. @Jo has told you that Intrum have FCA issues (complex legal arguments).
    You now know that Intrum as a DCA have FCA issues irrespective of the validity or otherwise of the CCA.
    SILENCE and Sitting on your HANDS plus posting their letters etc. in your Diary on here will help settle your thoughts and take control.

Comment

Nigel, let's put those thoughts to bed.

what you have seen on the interweb, are accounts owned by the Original Creditor (OC) they start with their internal collections department, then, to save them time to go after people that will start repaying sooner, they,OC, farm the account out to a Debt COLLECTION Agent, who do the running round for them, getting xx amount in commision for the job,
      If that chosen DCA is unable to get you to pay up a decent sum, the account is withdrawn from that one and passed to another DCA.
      The OC, can at anytime SELL said account to a Debt Buyer, Intrum, Cabot, Link,Arrow, Hoist, the list goes on.
      The debt buyer will either service the account themselves, or, like the OC, will farm it out to a DCA to do the running.

Only a judge can say if a CCA is legaly enforceable or not, but if the debt buyer has not complied with your CCA request, the debt is Unenforceable until you have received your CCA, the company that owns the debt MAY continue to ask for payment, but you do not have to pay, nor can they use the court to enforce, even though some say they will.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's input, I'm going to have to learn how to ride all this through for the full 6 years.
        Thanks once again for everyones help & advice.
        I will update as and when anything changes.

Comment

Well your Credit Rating is following a different time path to the Debt Statute Bar!
          The Credit Rating will be earlier than 6 years!!!

My own experience here and following other AAD journeys meant that in my personal Notes I had a lot of pluses in my favour against DCA's!
          In other words you can benefit from Credit Rating provided you have a finger on outstanding DCA Debt!
          That's also taking control!

The DCA's will rock the boat by the way! It's what they do!! But block the telephone calls/sms treat emails as spam!
          The six years goes remarkably quickly! But the DCA's up the anti in the last 6 months!

Welcome to AAD!!

By the Way Shakespeare's Birthday (and the day he Died) St George's Day 23rd April!!
          Last edited by Roger; 23 April 2020, 09:34. Reason: typos

Comment

Hi Roger, I have 8+1 months left before debt clears from CRA, dont need credit, which i reckon is handy, coz i wouldnt get it. lol
            I changed my mobile number almost immediately after i got into financial troubles a over a decade ago (20 + calls a day),
            and have only ever dealt with DC via post.
            I shall sit tight and await the inevitable, in a weeks time it'll be first payments missed in 55 months, So ten days later I should start getting fan mail i reckon.
            thanks again for all your time and trouble and help
            Last edited by nigel1309; 23 April 2020, 21:03.

Comment

I have received a copy of what looks like my Lloyds CCA but altho readable came with it another set of statements (69 pages - AGAIN) for my HSBC account that Intrum also hold, I have seen a lot of people have sent copies of their received CCA's to Niddy for him to check if it's enforceable or not.
              Could anyone please advise on what my next step should be now.
              many thanks in advance.

Comment

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 April 2020, 06:05.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thank you Tech Clerk, I sent an email last night Re Intrum - Lloyds cc account

Comment

@Tech Clerk, unfortunately last nights email bounced back to me undelivered,
                    I Believe it should of been 'webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk',
                    but i've requested help from niddy via private message, hoping he may be able to spare a few minutes to look at several pages for me.

Comment

Well, Niddy got back to me the other day, and said BOTH accounts with Intrum were UE.
                      Payments were due tomorrow, so shouldnt be long till Intrum come begging with cap in hand.
                      I will keep updating this post as and when needed.
                      Thank you everyone for the help & advice that you've given.

Comment

good that is a start

Comment

Im so glad im finally doing this as i've been paying off several debts for last 15 years or so, and still had another 150 years of payments to go, lol
                          May I ask your views on communicating via email, as i know already phone call / texts are a big no-no, as it leaves no paper trail.

Comment

E.mails are hard to prove receipt hence I use recorded Delivery be every time in case of PO box numbers I find CEO address and the company main Postal address Thu companies House?

Comment

Thanks Tech clerk, i was thinking more along the lines of, counter offering there offers, then should they accept, i would request agreement in writing.
                              I have been posting originally to Intrum's PO Box, but i will, from now on post to the registered office which would be more suitable.
                              thanks for the good advice.

Comment

Intrum Uk Limited

Headquarters
                                The Omnibus Building
                                Lesbourne Road
                                Reigate
                                Surrey
                                RH2 7JP

Comment

Working...
                                X