GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cyber security: Experts warn on rise of hacker ransoms - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyber security: Experts warn on rise of hacker ransoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyber security: Experts warn on rise of hacker ransoms

Cyber security: Experts warn on rise of hacker ransoms

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 16th March 2017 10:47
    Smartphones, watches, televisions and fitness trackers could be used to hold people to ransom over personal data, cyber security experts have warned.

Ransomware, which makes devices unusable until their owners pay to unlock them, has become increasingly prevalent in the past year, they say. Devices holding photos, emails and fitness information could be targeted. The risk to business is "significant and growing", the National Crime Agency and National Cyber Security Centre say. The joint report from the NCA and the NCSC says cyber crime is becoming more aggressive. More devices connecting to the internet meant opportunities for criminals, the report said. Any devices containing personal data such as photos, that people consider sufficiently valuable to pay for, are likely to be targeted by criminals.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X