GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI still dominates financial ombudsman's in-tray - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI still dominates financial ombudsman's in-tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI still dominates financial ombudsman's in-tray

PPI still dominates financial ombudsman's in-tray

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 28th February 2017 22:01
    Unresolved complaints about the mis-selling of payment protection insurance (PPI) still dominate the in-tray of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

The body received 150,000 new complaints in total in the six months to last December. Just over half of them - 78,000 - were about PPI policies, the sale of which has been largely banned for some time. The ombudsman deals with complaints which financial firms have been unable to settle themselves. Caroline Wayman, who heads up the body, said: "PPI complaints are down, but there are some suggestions that this could be the calm before the storm." A deadline of June 2019 could be set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for disgruntled customers to make compensation claims to their banks and credit card issuers about mis-sold PPI policies....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X