GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BT landline-only customers set to get £5 off monthly bills - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT landline-only customers set to get £5 off monthly bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT landline-only customers set to get £5 off monthly bills

BT landline-only customers set to get £5 off monthly bills

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 28th February 2017 22:05
    Customers who only buy landline services from BT are set to get at least £5 a month taken off their bills under plans set out by the telecoms regulator, Ofcom.

It said those customers, who are often elderly or vulnerable, were not getting value for money. BT has nearly 80% of the UK landline market, and Ofcom is hoping other providers will also cut prices.The telecoms giant said it took its responsibilities "very seriously". "Unlike other companies, [we] have many customers on special tariffs for socially excluded or vulnerable customers," BT said. "Recently, we have frozen the cost of line rental for all of our customers who take a BT phone line." The planned price cut will effectively reverse cost rises seen in recent years, Ofcom said. BT customers, who pay £18.99 per month for a landline-only contract, would pay no more than £13.99. Ofcom has the power to set prices for firms that have significant market power......Source HERE

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X