GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Women missing out on workplace pensions, says charity - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women missing out on workplace pensions, says charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women missing out on workplace pensions, says charity

Women missing out on workplace pensions, says charity

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 22nd February 2017 07:11
    Tens of thousands of women are missing out on workplace pensions as a result of having more than one job, according to Citizens Advice.

To qualify for an auto-enrolment pension, workers have to earn at least £10,000 a year. But more than 100,000 people - most of them women - do not reach that threshold, because they work for several employers. The government said that it is planning to review the issue later this year. A separate study shows that women still receive far smaller pensions than men. According to the insurance company Zurich, the average woman will have £47,000 less in her pension pot than a man by the time she retires.

Missing out

Citizens Advice said that 72,000 women were missing out on auto-enrolment pensions, which require employers to pay a pension automatically, unless a worker deliberately opts out. The charity said too many people were being shut out of the opportunity to be paid a pension.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X