GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tui fined 48 times for breaching Abta's code of conduct - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tui fined 48 times for breaching Abta's code of conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tui fined 48 times for breaching Abta's code of conduct

Tui fined 48 times for breaching Abta's code of conduct

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 20th February 2017 18:09
    The UK's biggest tour operator has been repeatedly fined for failing to stick to the travel industry's own code of conduct.

Tui, owner of Thomson and First Choice, was fined 48 times during 2015 and 2016 by the travel association Abta. The breaches included inaccurate advertising and sending holidaymakers to resorts where significant building work was being carried out. Tui said it was committed to resolving any issue a customer experiences. The figures, compiled from industry data by You & Yours on Radio 4, show Tui's most recent fine of £1,500 was imposed in December 2016 for cancelling a customer's travel arrangements after the holiday had already been paid for in full. Many of the other fines were for failing to respond quickly enough to correspondence. However, three of them were for not telling customers about significant building works at their resorts before they went on holiday. Abta's code of conduct states customers should be told about building work in advance, or offered alternative travel arrangements or a full refund if the alternative would constitute a significant alteration to their holiday.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X