GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Businesses could face fines for ignoring CCTV data protection law - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Businesses could face fines for ignoring CCTV data protection law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Businesses could face fines for ignoring CCTV data protection law

Businesses could face fines for ignoring CCTV data protection law

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 7th February 2017 13:55
    A business owner has been prosecuted for failing to register with the ICO because she was using in-store CCTV. X X, pleaded guilty to the offence under section 17 of the Data Protection Act at Coventry Magistrates’ Court on 1 February. She was fined £200, ordered to pay £439.28 prosecution costs and a £20 victim surcharge. The defendant was operating CCTV cameras as part of her business premises licence but said she didn’t realise this meant she had to register with the ICO. The annual fee for most businesses is £35. x x had not responded to repeated warning letters from the regulator telling her she was in breach of the Act. She told the court she thought the letters were spam and was unaware of the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO’s CCTV Code of Practice gives guidance to companies using CCTV ..... Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X