GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE fined £2.7m for “careless” overcharging blunders - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE fined £2.7m for “careless” overcharging blunders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE fined £2.7m for “careless” overcharging blunders

EE fined £2.7m for “careless” overcharging blunders

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 19th January 2017 09:11
    EE has been fined £2.7m by Ofcom for overcharging customers and not reimbursing them until the regulator intervened. Nearly 40,000 customers were overcharged a combined £250,000 due to the telecoms provider’s “careless and negligent billing errors”, according to Ofcom. The regulator fined EE today, January 18, as a result of an investigation carried out in January 2016 which found the company broke a “fundamental” billing rule in two separate ways. The first error occurred between July 2014 and July 2015, when customers were charged an incorrect rate while calling EE’s customer service number, while they were roaming in EU countries. When making these calls, customers should have been charged 19p per minute. Instead, they were wrongly charged £1.20 per minute, which was the rate charged for calling the United States. On this occasion EE did not reimburse the majority of affected customers until Ofcom intervened. Ofcom said: “EE wrongly decided it couldn’t identify the people it overcharged and was proposing to give their money to charity, which would have left them out of pocket.”.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X