GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Royal Sun Alliance Insurance group fined for losing customers’ bank details - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Sun Alliance Insurance group fined for losing customers’ bank details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Sun Alliance Insurance group fined for losing customers’ bank details

Royal Sun Alliance Insurance group fined for losing customers’ bank details

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 13th January 2017 11:35
    A London-based insurance group has been fined £150,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) after the loss of nearly 60,000 customers’ financial data. Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance failed to keep customers’ information safe by not taking appropriate measures to prevent theft at its offices in west Sussex. A hard drive was stolen between May and July 2015 containing 59,592 customers’ names, addresses and bank account details including account numbers and sort codes. The device, not yet recovered, also held limited credit card details of 20,000 customers. The ICO enforcement officers found the device was stolen from company premises either by a member of staff or a contractor. It said the information on the hard drive was not encrypted and the room it was stored in did not have CCTV. The ICO said the company also failed to restrict access to the room to essential staff and contractors. The fine must be paid by February 8. If it is paid in full by February 7 the fine will be reduced by 20 percent to £120,000 unless the company appeals.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X