GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Household debt rises to post-credit crunch high - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Household debt rises to post-credit crunch high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Household debt rises to post-credit crunch high

Household debt rises to post-credit crunch high

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 4th January 2017 19:25
    Household debt has risen to its highest level since just after the financial crash of 2008, official figures show.
    Bank of England data shows personal debt grew 10.8% in the year to 30 November to £192.2bn in the UK - the highest level since December 2008. Debt charity Step Change is calling on the government to adopt a scheme that gives problem debtors 12 months breathing space to get back on track. The government says it is reviewing whether to bring in such a scheme. But that decision is now 12 months overdue, and the charity estimates that a further one million people fell into problem debt during this period. Bank of England statistics show that personal debt, including credit cards and bank loans but not including mortgages or student loans, has been growing at a yearly rate of 10% for the past six months.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X