GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TalkTalk's wi-fi hack advice is 'astonishing' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TalkTalk's wi-fi hack advice is 'astonishing'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TalkTalk's wi-fi hack advice is 'astonishing'

TalkTalk's wi-fi hack advice is 'astonishing'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 7th December 2016 16:14
    TalkTalk's handling of a wi-fi password breach is being criticised by several cyber-security experts.

The BBC has presented the company with evidence that many of its customers' router credentials have been hacked, putting them at risk of data theft. The UK broadband provider confirmed that the sample of stolen router IDs it had been shown was real. But it is still advising users that there is "no need" to change their routers settings. A cyber-security advisor to Europol said he was astounded by the decision. "If TalkTalk has evidence that significant numbers of passwords are out in the wild, then at the very least they should be advising their customers to change their passwords," said the University of Surrey's Prof Alan Woodward. "To say they see no need to do so is, frankly, astonishing." A spokeswoman for TalkTalk said that customers could change their settings "if they wish" but added that she believed there was "no risk to their personal information". She referred the BBC to another security expert. But when questioned, he also said the company should change its advice....Read more here

AAD Blog history:

TalkTalk and Post Office routers hit by cyber-attack - LINK 2nd December

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X