GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Concentrix: 90% of tax-credit company appeals upheld - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concentrix: 90% of tax-credit company appeals upheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentrix: 90% of tax-credit company appeals upheld

Concentrix: 90% of tax-credit company appeals upheld

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 21st November 2016 18:43
    About 90% of appeals against a company hired by Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to cut tax-credit payments have been upheld, government figures reveal.

Between 14 September and 15 November 2016, 24,219 claimants have had their tax credits reinstated. HMRC has previously announced the US company, Concentrix, will not have its contract renewed. On Monday, an official said HMRC had "long established processes in place" to review decisions Concentrix was hired to help cut tax-credit fraud and overpayment, but has been accused in recent months of incorrectly withdrawing tax credits from hundreds of claimants. The BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme has previously reported the case of Nicola McKenzie, a teenage mother who had her child tax credits stopped by the company after she was wrongly accused of being married to a 74-year-old dead man. These latest government figures show that HMRC received 32,358 requests from claimants asking for their case to be reviewed, during a two-month period. Of these, 26,990 cases have been closed - with 24,219 claimants (89.7%) successfully having their tax credits reinstated. Tax credits - the child tax credit and the working tax credit - are government payments made to households on low incomes......Read more here

AAD Previous Blog:

Tax credits firm Concentrix will not have contract renewed - Read previous HERE

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X