GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Treasury to close loophole that allows VAT-free DVDs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treasury to close loophole that allows VAT-free DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasury to close loophole that allows VAT-free DVDs

The government is to change the tax rules that have allowed retailers to avoid paying VAT by sending goods from the Channel Islands. Low Value Consignment Relief (LVCR) will not apply to goods sent from the Channel Islands to the UK from 1 April. The loophole has been used increasingly in recent years by companies selling CDs and DVDs online, such as Play.com, Tesco and Amazon. The government said the loophole was now costing £140m a year. The chief minister of Guernsey, Deputy Lyndon Trott, said the change would have a "significant impact" on the islands. The maximum price of the goods allowed under LVCR was cut from £18 to £15 on 1 November following an announcement in the Budget in March....Read more here---> BBC News - Treasury to close loophole that allows VAT-free DVDs
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X