GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Antibiotic resistance: medical 'dark ages' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antibiotic resistance: medical 'dark ages'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antibiotic resistance: medical 'dark ages'

Antibiotic resistance: Cameron warns of medical 'dark ages'

The world could soon be "cast back into the dark ages of medicine" unless action is taken to tackle the growing threat of resistance to antibiotics, Prime Minister David Cameron has said.

He has announced a review into why so few anti-microbial drugs have been introduced in recent years.

More -----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28098838
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Antibiotic resistance: medical 'dark ages'

To be honest, I don't know how places like USA can hand out antibiotics without a prescription, like its sweeties. What also surprises me, or perhaps its lack of knowledge, is how many people are or are not immunised to them in the US.

Be interesting to see real statistics for that.

Secondly the reason for why no new anti bacterial drugs are being made frequently can only be 1 of 2 reasons. First reason may be profit, the length of time and money needed to research new drugs, may be outweighed by the cost to big pharma.

Or simply, there is only a ltd number of ways to treat common bacteria's that do by nature become immunised to anti biotics.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X