GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ryanair Sorry After 'Mutiny' On Delayed Flight - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryanair Sorry After 'Mutiny' On Delayed Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ryanair Sorry After 'Mutiny' On Delayed Flight

From here:

http://www.ihateryanair.org/

Ryanair, the World’s Most Hated Airline, have fired the Pilot who appeared on the Channel 4 Dispatches documentary that probed safety culture at the airline.

Captain John Goss was dismissed with immediate effect and Ryanair said they plan to pursue legal action against him after he questioned the airline’s safety.
    “We will not allow a Ryanair employee to defame our safety on national television,” the airline said in an e-mailed statement.
    Pilots are wary of raising concerns and are encouraged to carry as little fuel as possible, the Channel 4 “Dispatches” program reported, citing a survey conducted by the Ryanair Pilots Group, which claims to represent more than half of the carrier’s pilots. The fuel issue arose when three jets declared emergencies before touching down in Valencia, Spain, after diversions from Madrid last year.
    Goss was one of five pilots elected to the pilots’ group interim council in June. During his 26 years at Ryanair he acted as a flight safety officer and his record was “blemish free,” the RPG said in an e-mailed statement.
    “The immediate reaction of Ryanair to safety issues brought to their attention is to deny the existence of any problems and to effectively shoot the messenger,” RPG Chairman Evert van Zwol said in the statement. “Safety experts are agreed that a sound safety culture is based on pilots having faith in a non-punitive approach and dealing directly and transparently with all concerns raised.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
      And don't forget the disposable tooth brush and socks ...............
      Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Those are only on long haul flights. I bet you've got quite a collection

Very good Pixie
      ''You know nothing Jon Snow''

Comment

Just so long as Ryanair get me to the sunshine in one piece I don't care.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just so long as Ryanair get me to the sunshine in one piece I don't care.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

You're not putting me off going...

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You're not putting me off going...
              I just thought that cartoon was very apt......you could always take your own pilot

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                I just thought that cartoon was very apt......you could always take your own pilot
                My own pilot is going to be elsewhere

Comment

My own pilot is going to be elsewhere

Comment

Ryanair's response to this can be found here

Comment

Ryanair's £10 flights to the US: would the experience be worth the savings?

Here---> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...e-savings.html

Comment

Working...
                      X