GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 'World's Oldest Backpacker' Is 95 Years Old - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'World's Oldest Backpacker' Is 95 Years Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'World's Oldest Backpacker' Is 95 Years Old

Australian Keith Wright loves travelling round the world with his backpack - but unlike the teenagers and twenty-somethings he meets on his adventures, he is 95 years old.

The sprightly pensioner from Burleigh Heads in the state of Queensland is about to set off again, this time on a two-month trip around Europe. Mr Wright, who believes he is the world's oldest backpacker, has spurned genteel coach tours or cruises for independent travel. "If you are independent and a bit adventurous it is the best way of doing it," he told Sky News. "You see what other people don't see because they have got a set route and go just where they are taken". Mr Wright began backpacking at the tender age of 85 after his wife died. He travels light and stays in two star hotels or hostels, sometimes in shared dorms. His home is full of photographs from his trips including pictures of the many fellow backpackers he has met along the way. "The young ones are alright, actually they're fantastic" he said. "I think they help me keep young. When they know my age, they go gaga some of them!"....Read more here: Keith Wright Is 95 Years Old
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: 'World's Oldest Backpacker' Is 95 Years Old

What a great inspirational story

Comment

Working...
    X