GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rangers FC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rangers FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rangers FC

Co-op Bank slammed for dishing out £33m in cheap loans and overdrafts to Celtic Football Club -

The Co-operative Bank has come under fire for dishing out £33.2million in cheap loans and overdrafts to Celtic Football Club, which was chaired by former Labour home secretary John Reid. MPs last night demanded an explanation for the rock bottom interest rates and accused the mutual of using the ‘hard-earned cash of millions of savers for political gain’. It is the latest twist in the row over the troubled lender’s links with the Labour Party....Read more here
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Dirty Dirty Septic. That is all
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nearly a Year on:

Mike Ashley installs former Newcastle United boss on Rangers board

Derek Llambias is to join the board of Rangers as part of Mike Ashley's increasing control of the Scottish football club. Mike Ashley has installed former Newcastle United boss Derek Llambias on the board of Rangers Football Club as he continues to tighten his grip over the Scottish football club.

Mr Llambias, a former managing director of Newcastle United Football Club, has been acting as a consultant to the Rangers board since its chief executive was ousted last week and is thought to be Mr Ashley's top pick to become the Ibrox club's new boss. Mr Ashley won the right to appoint two new directors to the Rangers board after providing a £2m emergency loan to the club just over a week ago. The loan has helped the Sports Direct boss increase his influence at the club, in which he owns an 8.9pc stake, a move which has already seen off Rangers' chief executive Graham Wallace and finance boss Philip Nash. Just weeks before making the loan, Mr Ashley had called for a shareholder vote on their removal. The recent boardroom drama follows years of upheaval at the club. On the field it has climbed back to within one division of the top flight of the Scottish game after its 2012 collapse under a mountain of debt forced it to relaunch from the fourth tier.....Read more here
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Rangers shares delisted from AIM Stock Exchange

Rangers International Football Club plc is being delisted from the AIM Stock Exchange. RIFC said that it is in negotiations to move trading to a different platform. Trading in the company's shares were suspended on 4 March following the resignation of its nominated advisor (nomad), WH Ireland. However, RIFC's new board has been unable to appoint a new advisor before Thursday's deadline to remain listed expired. The suspension of shares came after the removal of the previous board by a shareholder group led by former director Dave King. BBC Scotland has learned that, although shares can still be traded privately, a number of Rangers shareholders are considering legal action following news of the club's delisting from AIM. That includes the group for whom former football board chairman Sandy Easdale held proxies for around 20% of Rangers shares. It is also understood that at least one complaint has been made to the Financial Conduct Authority, but that body has no jurisdiction over Rangers....More here

Comment

the fun continues
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Rangers sue former directors and Mike Ashley for £4m

Rangers have launched a £4m legal claim against a number of former directors and Sports Direct owner Mike Ashley.

The club allege Charles Green, Imran Ahmad, Brian Stockbridge and Derek Llambias negotiated commercial deals with Sports Direct below market value. They also believe Mr Ashley unfairly benefited from the alleged negligence. The action came to light at the Court of Session where Mr Ashley's legal team succeeded in a bid to get Rangers to disclose documents to them. Rangers allege that the former directors did not act in the business's best interests when they negotiated commercial deals with Sports Direct.

Naming rights

The deals which the club are objecting to include an October 2012 agreement in which the directors allowed Sports Direct to have the naming rights to Ibrox Stadium. Rangers believe that the naming rights were given to Sports Direct at a price well below their true market value. In November 2014, the club also entered into a Partnership Marketing Agreement with Sports Direct which allowed the business advertising space at Ibrox. The club's current management believe that the deal was also arranged at a price well blow its true market value. They also believe that Mr Ashley unfairly benefited from the alleged negligence displayed by Mr Green and his colleagues. Rangers hope to recover a total of £4,106,470.83 from the action. They also want a judge to declare the Partnership Marketing Agreement void. The action is concerned with the alleged actions involving the club's former chief executive Charles Green, commercial director Imran Ahmad and its former finance director Brian Stockbridge.

Source: BBC Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X