GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin & Cabot - Dangerous Consolidation? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin & Cabot - Dangerous Consolidation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin & Cabot - Dangerous Consolidation?

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/e...n-9118895.html

headline in Evening Standard paper £59m for debt collector.

I think that is too much. I would not pay a 1p.

Comment

I wonder how many people have been pushed over the edge by his company. I wonder how many sleepless nights have been caused by his company. I wonder how many family break ups have been caused by his company. I wonder how many people have very low esteem because of his company. I wonder how many people have a pretty shite life because of his company. How many have turned to drink or drugs. How many have fled their homes. The list goes on. Just how many people's lives his disgusting company has touched and ruined.

Nothing to be proud of.

What a leech. Feasting on others misfortune. Whole industry stinks. Hope he chokes on his millions. Either that or have a spectacular business failure and one day has the debt collectors knocking on his door.

Comment

“The fact Marlin has today grown into a highly profitable and recognised industry leader is testament to what you can achieve when you assemble a great group of smart, motivated and ambitious people. I see significant growth potential in this sector internationally and, in due course, hope totake advantage of new opportunities to team up with other partners to replicate this success in new markets.”

a great group of smart, motivated and ambitious people I don't think that those are the adjectives I would use. To him it was a niche market, just like selling sand collected of the beach. He saw the hole and exploited it. Morals don't come into business.

take advantage of new opportunities He could attack world hunger and malaria, but I bet he won't. He will be spreading his 'his joy' internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by odetter View Post
          Gonna look out on EBay for surplus cheap polyester suits hardly worn, hopefully with knees and elbows still intact.
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of ordinary people losing their jobs.
            Next they will have someone calling them benefit scroungers

Comment

These people do not have "ordinary jobs" though. That's the thing.

Wait it till some little twat calls your granny and threatens her with all sorts such as BR, homelessness etc and THEN come back and see how you feel. These are dca scum. It's a special breed to become a scum. You either follow the company ethos and become scum or get the boot.

Look at the Marlin undercover video I uploaded to our sister site consumer-revenge.co.uk

here --> http://www.consumer-revenge.co.uk/in...undercover-dca

enjoy or be sick - you decide
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                enjoy or be sick - you decide
                Nail on the head
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

To an extent I agree in that Mark described himself very well. He is a wankerI Whatever we may think about the ethics of the company not everyone who works there is like that. It will be the more reasonable ones who end up getting sacked.
                  If I was out of work and desperate with a family to support I would consider any job as a stop gap however uncomfortable I felt about it. That is all I am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by jj19 View Post
                    To an extent I agree in that Mark described himself very well. He is a wankerI Whatever we may think about the ethics of the company not everyone who works there is like that. It will be the more reasonable ones who end up getting sacked.
                    If I was out of work and desperate with a family to support I would consider any job as a stop gap however uncomfortable I felt about it. That is all I am saying.
                    Actually they are all wankers, don't single out one chap - did you watch the training session? It starts at the top and rolls downhill. I will tell you now that every dca employee IS like that, why? Cos if they weren't they'd not be employed there as it is a TARGET AND PERFORMANCE related job meaning if you act properly, like any normal employee, you'd fail targets and get fired.

We've been doing this a long time and have seen some awful cases of abuse from dca's - ask any user, I think you'll find they'll all say they'd rather be unemployed than work for a dca - speaks volumes. Principles and ethics will always overrule the most fragile of minds, bit like asking a Muslim to go and work in the local pork processing factory, you think they'd do that?

If you'd even consider such a job in such an industry then I'm not so sure you'll fit in here as beating these wankers as you succinctly called him, is what we do for a daily hobby here at AAD.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...989#post372989

I have yet to watch the whole problem so I will come back tou you. As it happens I need an opinion on a dca and am about to post.
                      Link above.

I am sure that I would be one of the people to get fired as I would fall for every sob story. I find the people who work in council tax recovery to be hard enough

Comment

Having now been able to watch it yes I agree what was shown was shocking but I think the woman expert was at much use as a fork in a soup bowl.

It was all done what 5 years ago. I think that the program was misleading and was also factually incorrect in parts and only helped the dcas into scaring debtors into paying.

I agree that the way that bloke worked was out of order but he looked and sounded like a used car salesmab

Comment

No the program was bang on, that video is one element. I have performed FOI against Marlin etc via HM Courts amongst other things, they are bad - all the time, there really is nothing misleading there - why are you sticking up for them? Are you one of them?

what you won't know is I have personally had to deal with them and trust me when I say lying to the court appears to be normal behaviour for them and their appointed agents whether that be Mortimer Clarke or Rectums.

Comment

I am most certainly not one of them and I wasn't sticking up for them. As I said I didn't think the program was worthy of channel 4 as it seemed to be tabloid journalism at its worst. I also have a healthy dislike of Jane Moore . She is a sanctimonious cow.

Her info on statute barred was wrong as well. People will see it and say oh they write every year it can not be statute barred. Also that young couple saying if we had paid a penny they would have taken us to court. Not if its SB they wont.

Do you see where I am coming from, more attacking the journalism than anything else.
                            Have Marlin stiched you up then?

Comment

Yea I see where you're coming from

Marlin tried but failed. Do you think anyone out there can stitch me up - I don't

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Yea I see where you're coming from

Marlin tried but failed. Do you think anyone out there can stitch me up - I don't
                                I have a problem with these. How did you cope and deal with them?
                                Thank you for any pointers. Still finding my way round this site. Which is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X