GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED v DIANA MAYHEW - WIN - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED v DIANA MAYHEW - WIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix
    replied
    Re: PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED v DIANA MAYHEW - WIN

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Hoping it's Restons.
    I do hope so.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Fantastic news once again. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    this is great news, long may it last , they will have to start a fund to keep themselves in work soon,
    See I am more of the thinking that PRA have bullied their way through thinking (incorrectly) that the law does not apply to them and have never really been squared up against. However luckily for us, Jo knew she was right and knew they were wrong so she did in fact square up to them and this is the outcome - repeated beatings.

I hope it does more than require a fund, I hope it forces them to reconsider their whole business plan because they have now been proved wrong and in fact, I wonder how many incorrect judgments have been made as a result of their bullying?

It's firms like this which give the whole industry a bad name, unnecessarily so.

Well done Jo. Keep at it

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

this is great news, long may it last , they will have to start a fund to keep themselves in work soon,

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    That's excellent news, well done. I wonder which company will be you next victim?
    Hoping it's Restons. They're being typical twats again.

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

That's excellent news, well done. I wonder which company will be you next victim?

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly
    replied

Another headache for PRA Group (UK) Limited today as we won another case against them in Walsall County Court. The District Judge found for us in all our defence points - the agreement unenforceable, no evidence of assignment, bad default notice, non service of statutory notices and s.78 CCA 1974 breach. Refused permission to appeal. It was a 10k claim.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Good to see the celebrations continue

The judgment will have a lasting effect too.

I'll update a bit more next week.

Di

Leave a comment:

• rockwell
    replied

many congratulations, a fabulous result!

Delighted for plan b and the forum in general, so helpful to me over the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

I do like it when MBNA get very much kicked in the balls. I cant think why though

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Warmest congratulations what an awesome outcome xxxx

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
    In this instance, and this is why this case is so important, the two signed credit agreements they produced in evidence weren't "reconstituted" documents.

PRA Group (UK) Limited presented them to us and the court as scanned copies of the two original signed MBNA agreements with the prescribed terms & conditions on the back of both. The court found as fact this was not the case for each agreement and that both were therefore irredeemably unenforceable under s.127 (3) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974..

Similarly with the Deeds of Assignment even though virtually totally unredacted Deeds were presented to the court, together with letters confirming the assignment from MBNA etc again the court found that that there was no evidence of assignment of our client's debt presented to the court.
    I don't quite understand the first part.
    Does this mean that the 'scanned copies' presented in court were scanned from documents 'created' using a John Bull Printing Set and a signature 'rescued' from correspondence?

Having seen a redacted single entry on an abbreviated Excel spreadsheet line I can see why most people would reject it a evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

I do love good news here on AAD

And this is certainly good news

Well done Plan B for holding your nerve and to everybody who assisted - Such great news

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

A great result. Congrats to you both and in fact congrats to all who have dealings with PRA. Great to see them get spanked!

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly
    replied

In this instance, and this is why this case is so important, the two signed credit agreements they produced in evidence weren't "reconstituted" documents.

PRA Group (UK) Limited presented them to us and the court as scanned copies of the two original signed MBNA agreements with the prescribed terms & conditions on the back of both. The court found as fact this was not the case for each agreement and that both were therefore irredeemably unenforceable under s.127 (3) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974..

Similarly with the Deeds of Assignment even though virtually totally unredacted Deeds were presented to the court, together with letters confirming the assignment from MBNA etc again the court found that that there was no evidence of assignment of our client's debt presented to the court.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X