GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Package Holiday - Have Issued Claim for Refund - www.cruise.co.uk Ltd. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Package Holiday - Have Issued Claim for Refund - www.cruise.co.uk Ltd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Package Holiday - Have Issued Claim for Refund - www.cruise.co.uk Ltd.

I had a cruise booked for May this year, which of course was cancelled due to Covid 19. They tried to palm me off with a refund credit note - several times - and I was going to have to wait until the end of July, not for the refund, just for the credit note. I was concerned that the agents would not necessarily be around in a couple of months time. I hadn't paid by credit or debit card, so the option of a charge back was not available. Won't be doing that again !! Spoke to your friendly solicitor, and was advised that they were legally obliged to refund within 14 days of them cancelling, so in the circumstances, it was best to issue a County Court Claim. Did that just over 10 days ago. They have been in contact in the last couple of days offering £2,500 in part payment, saying they had received this from their suppliers. I'm sorry, but that's not really my concern. I gave them over £10k, and I haven't had the holiday. Someone is holding my money and I want it back. Will keep you posted.

Originally posted by Gezzer View Post
    Spoke to your friendly solicitor, and was advised that they were legally obliged to refund within 14 days of them cancelling, so in the circumstances, it was best to issue a County Court Claim. Did that just over 10 days ago. They have been in contact in the last couple of days offering £2,500 in part payment, saying they had received this from their suppliers. I'm sorry, but that's not really my concern. I gave them over £10k, and I haven't had the holiday. Someone is holding my money and I want it back.

Thank you for posting the update which will hopefully give others encouragement and determination to pursue their legal/consumer rights.

Di

Comment

And like Gezza above, we have started our first claim against TUI. Obviously Joanna is sorting it for us. Thanks.

Will update in the coming days when I get five minutes spare.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I will start a thread about this when complete - but a mini update; Joanna Connolly Solicitors issued a claim on our behalf and after indicating that they (TUI) were going to defend the claim - Joanna sorted it so they refunded the same day.

If you have a holiday booked and it's been affected with cancellation etc then have a word with our friendly solicitor as you never know...... We never had any hassle, asked Jo to sort it and she did - by several weeks had we followed the unlawful and quite illegal advice offered by TUI regards refunds.

Remember, consumer power is paramount - never give up on what is YOUR basic right.

Thanks Jo & team - will start a new thread and details when it's all finalised.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X