GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Forum Theme - June 2017 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Theme - June 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The forum is showing as gobbledegook this morning (only blue text in a column down the left hand side of a page) when I try to access it on my iPad (Safari) and IE on my laptop. It only seems to work on Chrome.

Probably a temporary blip.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
      The forum is showing as gobbledegook this morning (only blue text in a column down the left hand side of a page) when I try to access it on my iPad (Safari) and IE on my laptop. It only seems to work on Chrome.

Probably a temporary blip.

Di
      Yep hence we were offline last couple hours as we were fixing things with the server. Should be fine now
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        As for the repeated posts - wait while it posts. As we are testing there's times where it will freeze but just leave it 10 seconds (you'll see a yellow pop up saying "working") and then click the logo. It'll post. If not go back in and press reply and you'll see an option to restore saved data or wipe it.
        I got a duplicated post again this morning.

I saw the "working" message but after an eternity nothing happened so I pressed "reply" again - hence the duplicated post after a long wait.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I got a duplicated post again this morning.

I saw the "working" message but after an eternity nothing happened so I pressed "reply" again - hence the duplicated post after a long wait.

Di
          As said, don't press reply again - press the logo!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Following a discussion on another thread - following the site upgrade I wasn't seeing the the signatures at the end of Mods and other site personnel posts. I hadn't realized that there was an option to not see them, and mine (at least) had defaulted to not show them.

As the signatures include a disclaimer and contact email, should they not be permanently on show?

Comment

They're out of date so I've hidden them. Think only Di & Jo use them tbh.

We've no need for a "by post" disclaimer - there's one at the base of every page now.

Thanks for bringing it up & as you've noticed you can turn your own on / off easily enough in settings (if you really want to see signatures).

Comment

The AAD+ template letters sections are now all updated. AAD+ members who click the tab at the top of the forum called 'Template Letters' will now be able to use them all.

Comment

Hi
                  I am not getting email updates even though I have updated my email address . there are still two old email addresses listed that aren't getting them either

Comment

I just get a completely mashed up theme, just blue headlines on the left and all jumbled up formatting ever since the change - on IE, Chrome, mobile, desktop, laptop. Just about managed to post this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	theme.png
Views:	130
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1498234

Comment

That happened on my iPad. I cleared the history and it was fine.

Comment

after writing the above, my ipad started showing the same and even after clearing the history, I'm still getting. I have now switched to using my laptop, and it is fine on there.

Comment

Regards the layout issues - apologies for this. It's occurring on a Sunday and lasts until Monday and you are correct in that it is cache - however it is browser cache that the server sets up - it's not necessarily your system.

So if you see it all messy on a Sunday / Monday just wait till Tuesday and then clear your browser history and it should load ok. But we're monitoring things to try and establish what is causing the styling to crash on a Sunday.

We're still looking into this and will resolve it in the coming weeks - just a bit tied up with more pressing projects at the moment.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Seems OK with Internet Explorer but fails on Firefox even after clearing cache.

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
                              Seems OK with Internet Explorer but fails on Firefox even after clearing cache.
                              Using incognito mode on Chrome / Private browsing on FF should generate the stylesheets for you....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Regards the layout issues - apologies for this. It's occurring on a Sunday and lasts until Monday and you are correct in that it is cache - however it is browser cache that the server sets up - it's not necessarily your system.

So if you see it all messy on a Sunday / Monday just wait till Tuesday and then clear your browser history and it should load ok. But we're monitoring things to try and establish what is causing the styling to crash on a Sunday.

We're still looking into this and will resolve it in the coming weeks - just a bit tied up with more pressing projects at the moment.

Thanks for your patience.
                                OK well that worked, thanks Niddy... phew

Comment

Working...
                                X