GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Midastouch's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midastouch's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midastouch's UE Diary

Hi all. Just a quick update.

All pretty quiet at the moment. Moorcroft have gone quiet on my CC debt & post 2007 loan. Let's hope that continues.

AIC are pestering me about the pre 2007 loan with calls to my mobile which I happily answer at the moment. (if they want to waste their money that's up to them). I tell them everytime that I'm only dealing with the matter in writing but they don't seem to listen. 1 Sometimes I'll play along with them and yesterday I asked the Scottish lady her name and date of birth. Silence. I then informed her I was recording the conversation for my training purposes and she hung up! Absolutely no sense of humour these people.

Consider just a few months ago I would be visibly shaking with fear whenever the phone rang - now I couldn't give a monkey's! All thanks to Super Niddy who's a prince amongst men.

Hope everyone's OK and keep smiling regardless,

MT

Comment

Aaaaw thanks midas..... how nice :cry:

Glad you're alright, to be frank i'd not even give them the time of day - just tell them to get lost and hang up! ;Hmm ;Hmm

Hope you're keeping well, glad things seem quiet at your end - thats unusually good. ;-y

Chat soon - Niddy gh
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all - hope you're all keeping sane (& warm!).

I have an update from Moorcroft concerning my CC debt with LTSB. I quote:

----------------------------------------

"[size=5]I write in response to your recent communication in relation to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with LTSB who have advised us that a copy of the agreement is not available.

I can also confirm I have placed this account on hold and request you make immediate contact with our call centre on the above telephone number to discuss a repayment proposal you can afford and maintain.

However, if you are unhappy with the information provided please contact by return."

Signed (No name)

Accounts Dept.
        ------------------------------------------

Pretty good news yes?

Respond or just ignore?

Keep smiling all,

MT

Comment

Looks like good news to me !!

I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch

"[size=5]I write in response to your recent communication in relation to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with LTSB who have advised us that a copy of the agreement is not available.

I can also confirm I have placed this account on hold and request you make immediate contact with our call centre on the above telephone number to discuss a repayment proposal you can afford and maintain.

However, if you are unhappy with the information provided please contact by return."

Signed (No name)

Accounts Dept.

Pretty good news yes?

Respond or just ignore?

Keep smiling all,

MT
            Its bloody brilliant news - well done! Keep this letter safem and if anyone else contacts you about this debt then you copy that letter and send it with this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195

Well done - finished! Yea they can and will hassle you to pay but you do not have to - it is (and remains) unenforceable until they DO respond with your s.78 request.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks mate - will do. gh

One down, two to go...

Couldn't have done it without you buddy! Thanks for giving me my life back

Be nice to one day share a real one or ten with you...God knows you've earned a barrel or two...

Keep smiling all,

MT

Comment

Cheers matey - we'll have a big AAD meet sometime next year, am sure i'll have to buy a few rounds and prove us jocks aren't tight sods

Comment

Happy New Year one and all!

My kidneys are suffering from Christmas over-indulgence....

Latest news from me:

Credit Card Debt - I've got two letters dated 5 days apart from Moorcroft and SCM Solicitors (LTSB) asking to pay in full within 7 days to avoid court proceedings being issued. Same old same old - but having a DCA and the original lender chasing the same debt is a little greedy no? They can both bugger off. Do I need to reply?

Online Loan (pre 2007) - Got an offer from AIC to clear my debt with a 25% discount from their 'managing coach' - well he can bugger off too! Reply needed or just ignore?

Hope you're all OK and look forward to the meet in May.

Comment

Hiya

Credit Card debt to whom exactly? Please name..... In any case, send this to SCM: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2319#p2319

Moorcroft is the DCA and SCM are their preferred litigation team..... they are pretty much in bed together!

AIC - just ignore for the moment

Comment

Hi Niddy.

This CC...

Originally posted by midastouch

Signed (No name)

Accounts Dept.

Pretty good news yes?

Respond or just ignore?

Keep smiling all,

MT

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Its bloody brilliant news - well done! Keep this letter safem and if anyone else contacts you about this debt then you copy that letter and send it with this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195

Well done - finished! Yea they can and will hassle you to pay but you do not have to - it is (and remains) unenforceable until they DO respond with your s.78 request.

Well, it's been very quiet recently, and then, this morning - I received this letter from SCM Solicitors concerning my credit card debt which Moorcroft admitted that LTSB couldn't find a copy of the agreement (see above):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26 Febrauary 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

In the CCBC, Northampton
                        Lloyds TSB Bank plc v yourself
                        Account Number: 5404xxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Claim Number: IXRxxxxx
                        Judgement Balance £xx,xxx.xx

Our client has instructed us to obtain judgement against you. You will receive a copy of the Order shortly.

We enclose a standing order form which you can complete and return to us, ensuring there are sufficient funds in your account to cover the agreed weekly/monthly payment.

Alternatively, Bank Giro Credit slips will be sent to you direct in the next 7-10 days. These can be used free of charge at any branch of Lloyds TSB Bank plc. Payment can also be made by sending it directly to us, but must be accompanied by a slip. Cheques should be made payable to Lloyds TSB Bank plc and have your account number on the reverse. Cash should not be sent through the post.

If payments are not received as ordered by the Court, further legal action may be taken dependant on your particular circumstances. Any enforcement action will incur fees and costs for which you will be liable.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further you must telephone us on 0845 600 4583

yours faithfully

SCM Solicitors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after cleaning myself up and changing my trousers, I realised that this may be a ruse to get me to pay - but it looks bloody scary!

What now Niddy?

MT
                        Last edited by midastouch; 8 March 2011, 13:58. Reason: Clarity

Comment

OK...

Just gone to Equifax and a CCJ has been listed on my account for 28th Febrauary 2011.

Super...

I'm gutted.

Comment

Just apply to get it set-aside (as you never knew about it)..... was a claim form sent?

Point is, you can get it set-aside quite easily as you never received it..... don't worry. Read the guide here, or ring the courts and find out what to do...

Comment

So I'm not beaten yet then?

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch View Post
                                So I'm not beaten yet then?
                                Nope,

Check your PM's - i'll pass details of what to do next! :niddy

Comment

Working...
                                X