GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shoegirl1978 Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoegirl1978 Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shoegirl1978 Diary

Hi shoegirl,

Don't be afraid of these jokers. There is not a lot they can do at this stage. However if you answer the phone, do not go through any security questions, never discuss anything with them on the phone tell them all communications to be in writing only and PUT THE PHONE DOWN.

Keep a log of all phone calls, date, times, accounts, brief description of what was said. This is a useful piece of evidence as in Harrison v Link in our case law database to be used to great effect against them if they decide to get heavy.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Thank you for responding. I will start to keep a log of all these calls, I've added them to my phonebook on my phone so I know exactly who is calling and when. Let the games begin

Comment

Originally posted by shoegirl1978 View Post

Type of account: Loan
        Date commenced: 2003
        Approx balance: 3700
        Date Last Paid: Oct 2009
        Arrangement: CCA'd back in Nov 2009
        Account Owner: Apex Credit Management

Activity:
        24.11.11 - Niddy says
        24.11.11 - Sent CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
        I'm sure all these creditors are out to confuse me! After sending my CCA query letter back to Apex credit management, I have today received a letter from Cabot thanking me for said letter and telling me that they will be in touch with Sainsburys (the original creditor) to get a copy of my CCA!

They say that they aim to provide me with the info within 12 working days.

Shall I just sit tight, knowing that what they will find is unenforceable anyway? Or is there a letter that I should be sending?

Sorry if that all sounds confusing

Comment

As usual with dcas, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Perhaps they do it deliberately?

Apex and Cabot are part of the same group LINK

I'd just ignore for now and see what they send next.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well it's been a quiet month with creditors thankfully, I've received a couple of letter over the last couple of days so I'll update accordingly.

Hope everyone is well.

Comment

So, here is another one that started to kick off again:

Type of account: Loan
              Date commenced: 2004
              Approx balance: 2100
              Date Last Paid: Jun 2007
              Arrangement: Defaulted 2007
              Account Owner: Wescot

18.12.11 - Received letter from Arrow global chasing for amount
              19.12.11 - Sent account sold in dispute letter
              28.12.11 - Received letter from Westcot confirming account on hold while they look into things

Comment

And one more for luck:

Type of account: Credit Card
                Approx balance: 1100
                Date Last Paid: Apr 2007
                Arrangement: Default
                Account Owner: Metropolitan

12.01.12 - Received letter from Lewis Debt recovery chasing for amount
                12.01.12 - Sent account in dispute letter
                26.01.12 - Received letter from Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors chasing for amount
                31.01.12 - Sent another account in dispute letter!
                14.02.12 - Received a letter from Lewis saying account being passed back to client
                29.02.12 - Letter saying can't get CCA as account too old. Account placed on hold until they can provide a reconstituted version
                Last edited by shoegirl1978; 29 February 2012, 10:41.

Comment

This morning I received a letter from Lewis debt recovery advising that they are passing my account back to the client. Lets wait and see what happens next!

Comment

Excellent, keep us updated
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

And one more for luck:

Approx balance: 1100
                      Date Last Paid: Apr 2007
                      Arrangement: Default
                      Account Owner: Metropolitan

12.01.12 - Received letter from Lewis Debt recovery chasing for amount
                      12.01.12 - Sent account in dispute letter
                      26.01.12 - Received letter from Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors chasing for amount
                      31.01.12 - Sent another account in dispute letter!
                      14.02.12 - Received a letter from Lewis saying account being passed back to client
                      Well this morning I received a letter from Lewis advising me "the client was unable to obtain CCA documents due to the age of the account. They have now requested documentation required to complete a reconstituted agreement but they can not confirm yet if they will be able to obtain this. You account will be on hold until then".

Lovely stuff.

Comment

Keep a very tight hold of that letter!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well this morning I received a letter from Lewis advising me "the client was unable to obtain CCA documents due to the age of the account. They have now requested documentation required to complete a reconstituted agreement but they can not confirm yet if they will be able to obtain this. You account will be on hold until then".

Lovely stuff.
                          Well done...........

Comment

Nice one! Keep those letters safe!

Well done Shoegirl!!

Shep x

Comment

Low and behold, I got home Friday night to a letter from Rockwell DCA who are acting on behalf of Arrow. For diary purposes, here are the account details:

Approx balance: 3700
                              Date Last Paid: 2007 sometime
                              Arrangement: Defaulted Sept 2007
                              Account Owner: Arrow

11.03.10 - Sent CCA Request - No reply
                              05.12.11 - Received letter from Rockwell saying they are acting on behalf of Arrow
                              05.12.11 - Account sold in dispute letter sent
                              10.12.11 - Received letter saying "we'll be in touch"
                              15.12.11 - Telephone harrassment letter sent
                              03.01.12 - Received letter saying they've deleted my number from their records
                              03.01.12 - Received letter thanking me for mine and that they will be in touch (again)

So, I guess an "Account sold in dispute" letter is required?
                              Received a letter from Rockwell this morning as well (lucky me), advising that they are no longer instructed to deal with this matter, therefore their files have been closed. I have to correspond with Arrow in future.
                              Last edited by shoegirl1978; 29 February 2012, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
                              X