GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Batman's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Batman's UE Diary

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Account 6

HFC /Beneficial, card - (assigned to 1st Credit Ltd in 2008)
    Balance: £798.62
    Last Paid (to 1st Credit) - 12 January 2009
    Status - defaulted on – N/A

PPI - Yes
    If Yes FOS
    If No - Ignore this part
    Details of PPi Claim: - HFC has refunded (cheque to us)some PPI but we reclaimed past 6 years. HFC therefore offered more. We said it was only acceptable if they addressed the issue of the DCA they had sold it to.

History:

17 May 2008: sent cca request to 1st Credit Ltd.
    28 May 2008: got reply from 1st Credit from cca request. However, 12 June 2008 was when they sent their first attempt at an agreement.
    10 January 2011: sent a SAR to both HFC and 1st Credit.

Notes:
    • "Formally assigned" (according to LCS Solicitors/1st Credit's letter of 7/5/08) to 1st Credit but I received a HFC bank statement seeking money for the ‘same’ account in 2010. Letters of complaints have been ignored.
    • HFC sent notice to file a default (not a DN) dated 25 May 2007. They sent a letter regarding SAR data dated 25 May 2011 to us. This admitted that they could NOT locate a copy of the legal agreement and that although they had issued a default notice they had no copy of it.
    This account is now closed - yipee!

HFC - 1st Credit.

Due to the amount of disputes with this case, the small debt itself and the fact that it was always unenforceable, with help from Niddy I contacted 1st Credit (Bob Kingdon - Head of Compliance) and we've mutually agreed to close the account, for the benefit of all parties involved.

As we'd been going round in circles for so many years, and 1st Credit unfortunately purchased a bad debt that only existed as a result of mis-sold PPi by the OC (HFC) they agreed to wipe the account totally.

I am just awaiting final confirmation via Niddy upon which I will post the reply here. Moral of this story is that it does pay to try and communicate your position correctly, as I found out to my cost complaining to the ICO/FOS etc unnecessarily doesn't always achieve much - complaining about the key errors and the actual flaws in the system seems to achieve the desired results.

Thanks to Niddy & Bob Kingdon at 1st Credit for all their help. We really appreciate this.

Comment

Account 1

Halifax Bank of Scotland - Preference account

Balance - £925.87
      Last Paid - 22 June 2009
      Status - defaulted on 21/6/07

PPI - Maybe via links to other account as below.
      If Yes - with FOS
      If No - Ignore this part
      Details of PPi Claim: With FOS. Bank have said 'yes' PPI is on it and also 'no' and are as confused as we are. FOS advised that PPI is academic anyway as if accounts are UE we should not have paid a penny back. This latter issue has created an interesting fuss therein.

History:

22nd June 2009: sent cca request (to HBoS in-house collection department, Blair Oliver and Scott.)
      27th August 2009: got reply from cca request
      21st November 2009: sent a SAR

Notes:
      • This Preference account, is now being linked with fixed sum loan, in a letter dated 17 May 2010 by BOS.
      • is now assigned to 1st Credit Ltd.
      • Also ALL the HBOS accounts are subject to harassment investigation by FOS, which is separate to PPI issues at hand.
      • I cannot find any Default Notice in our files; however account has been passed to several aggressive third parties. I have taken money of some DCAs for their activities herein.
      This account is also now closed - yipee!

HBOS - 1st Credit.

Due to the amount of disputes with this case, the small debt itself and the fact that it was always unenforceable, with help from Niddy I contacted 1st Credit (Bob Kingdon - Head of Compliance) and we've mutually agreed to close the account, for the benefit of all parties involved.

Thanks to Niddy & Bob Kingdon at 1st Credit for all their help. We really appreciate this.

Last edited by Batman; 13 August 2012, 15:26.

Comment

Well done Batman, Niddy and Bob Kingdon.

A pity they had you running around in circles so long!
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie

Yes - it dragged on for 'far' too long, but all's well that ends well...

Comment

Thanks Pixie

Glad we got it sorted for you in the end mate.... wasn't too difficult in the grand scheme of things
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy - it is great and I still keep pinching myself to see if this was all not a bad 3 year dream....

Amazing result anyway - thanks a ton mate.

So long in coming - but so fast to finish...

PS one thing I must add is that it is utterly essential to save and log all letters, data etc, you never know when you may need them.
              Last edited by Batman; 2 November 2011, 16:31.

Comment

Thanks Pixie

It certainly had. Well done Niddy and Batman

Comment

Miss Molly - thanks for your kind thoughts here.... xxx

Comment

Re: Account 8

Citi Financial (formerly Associates Capital Corporation)

I thought ()I had a 'private' thread for this particular account but cannot find it??

Help.

Comment

Flowerpot - thanks for this advice

I don't think I have one then re my account 8 - Citi/Cabot ..

No worries.

At least I know now.

Comment

OK update here for my Account 1

Halifax Bank of Scotland - Preference account...

HBOS sent a letter dated x August 2012 with cheque for £2xx.70. This is in relation to the closed account herein. The sum amounts to interest and changes of £1xx.70 plus and additional sum (for prior harassment)of £1xx.00.

;-)

Basically, HBOS screwed themselves - foolishly flogged it to Ist Credit who later closed the file and now we get the interest and changes back plus comp for harassment....sorted!

Now I just need to duplicate this method to the rest...lol.
                        Last edited by Batman; 13 August 2012, 15:35.

Comment

Many thanks Flowerpot - I shall endeavour towards greater levels of success against the suppurating and intolerable filth that is the corrupt UK banking industry and hope you do too....

Comment

Account 4

Right... I had an email two days ago off a DCA and it turns out it is as such

HBOS sold apparently flogged this one on 31/7/2012 – Balance given from August 2012 as being £1,0xx.5x.

HBOS did this 'before' but you really would think they would learn from their errors (as we got the last ones closed subsequent to DCA sale).....lol .. no chance!

Comment

Working...
                            X