GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Free's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free's UE Diary

Hi,

I received a letter this morning from Red Debt Collection Service In regards to my Littlewoods account (balance £1100) now owned by Lowells, they say that this has been passed over now to Hamptons legal.

They state that they have checked my credit record (can they do this?) and the information based on this is

• Could apply for a CCJ

And if remained unpaid

• Apply for the value of the debt to be secured on my home
    • Instruct bailiffs to remove goods from my home.
    • Deductions from my earnings

An alternative from litigation could be

• A Field Agent to discuss my payment face to face
    • To serve papers for bankruptcy

The letter continues by saying that we will not write to you again Hamptons Legal will contact you soon.
    Last edited by Free; 23 July 2011, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Free View Post
      Hi,

I received a letter this morning from Red Debt Collection Service In regards to my Littlewoods account (balance £1100) now owned by Lowells, they say that this has been passed over now to Hamptons legal.

They state that they have checked my credit record (can they do this?) and the information based on this is

• Could apply for a CCJ

And remained unpaid

• Apply for the value of the debt to be secured on my home
      • Instruct bailiffs to remove goods from my home.
      • Deductions from my earnings

An alternative from litigation could be

• A Field Agent to discuss my payment face to face
      • To serve paper for bankruptcy

The letter continues by saying that we will not write to you again Hamptons Legal will contact you soon.
      Just ignore wait untill Hamptons contact you
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Gimme 5 and i'll check emails
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Halifax (Bank of Scotland)

Type of account -- Credit Card
          • Date commenced -- 1996
          • Approx balance -- £2200
          • Date last paid –Nov 2008
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying -- no arrangement and not paying
          • Status - Default Bank of Scotland Jan 2009
          • Account owner - 1st Credit
          Thanks for sending the CCA - this is simply an application, however what they quote in their cover letter is utter bollox as in order to satisfy s.78 they need to send the agreement PLUS the original linked terms to that agreement plus any varied terms along with the current terms (so at least 3 copies, but they could if they wanted send the existing ones plus current ones) - as they have only sent the application with current terms, this is unenforceable and they cannot enforce this as things stand - respond as follows: CCA Query - Application Form Received

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Thanks for sending the CCA - this is simply and application, however what they quote in their cover letter is utter bollox as in order to satisfy s.78 they need to send the agreement PLUS the original linked terms to that agreement plus any varied terms along with the current terms (so at least 3 copies, but they could if they wanted send the existing ones plus current ones) - as they have only sent the application with current terms, this is unenforceable and they cannot enforce this as things stand - respond as follows: CCA Query - Application Form Received

Regards to your latest email in which you state that 1st credit are the ownsers, you can ignore HBOS for this - if 1st Credit sent you that agreement then you respond above, to first credit. If however 1st credit have not yet made contact, then when they do write to you just send the letter above to them, make sense?

So if no contact - do nothing. If 1st credit hassle you, send the letter above to them.

Comment

Hi,

It’s being a busy day for the post man

I have received letters from

1.Hamptons Legal (Littlewoods) account stating that After repeated requests, I am contractually responsible for this debt, unless I send payment we may prepare for more serious action

2.1st Credit (Bank of Scot) Legal Proceedings being considered

Niddy says both are unenforceable.

I have filed them

Comment

Hi,

It’s being a busy day for the post man

I have received letters from

1.Hamptons Legal (Littlewoods) account stating that After repeated requests, I am contractually responsible for this debt, unless I send payment we may prepare for more serious action

2.1st Credit (Bank of Scot) Legal Proceedings being considered

Niddy says both are unenforceable.

I have filed them
                No, don't ignore - send these:

1.Hamptons Legal (Littlewoods) - send this: Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action

2.1st Credit (Bank of Scot) - send this: Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation

Comment

Hi,

Thanks

Letters have been sent recorded.

Lets see what comes back!

Comment

Besta luck matey

Comment

See this - interesting and relevant!

---> Leixlip1 v 1st/Halifax - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Hi,

1st Credit

I have read this with great interest.

How is this company in existence?

Comment

Well well well,
                          I received a letter from Lowell’s AKA Red - Hamptons Legal etc etc

They state that they note my comments that the account is in dispute with Barclaycard (Littlewoods account), they state they have queried this with Barclaycard and will advise me of their response.

They continue by saying - that we have however requested a copy of the credit agreement in accordance with section 77 (1) and or 78 (1) of the consumer credit act 1974 from Barclaycard together with statements.

They say – whilst we will endeavour to reply to you with the requested information within 12 working day prescribed period by the Consumer credit Act, you will appreciate this is dependent on receipt of the agreement from the original lender. We will advise you further if it takes longer than the prescribed period.

There is a number of things I am unhappy with and unsure of.

1. Why has this company bought this debt without a CCA
                          2. I thought that the 12 days was none negotiable
                          3. This is already in default with Barclaycard almost 3 years ago due to a none enforceable CCA

Any case let’s see what comes next

Thanks Free
                          Last edited by Free; 30 July 2011, 11:38.

Comment

Hi Free.

The DCA's buy these debts "en masse" on the cheap; some will give them revenue, some won't!

They are supposed to reply with a CCA within the given period, and once they don't, they are in default - and it is for this reason that we follow the procedure of not paying till they do.

I hope this enlightens you slightly......like you say, see what comes next
                            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Concur completely Diddly

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

1. Why has this company bought this debt without a CCA
                                Why not? Don't worry about it, you aint paying it are you? Let them waste good money after bad - their loss

2. I thought that the 12 days was none negotiable
                                14 days, but that only puts them into default meaning they cannot enforce against the agreement, however we don't chase them into doing things right - we leave it in default and let them make more and more mistakes then if they try and enforce it we use those mistakes against them....

3. This is already in default with Barclaycard almost 3 years ago due to a none enforceable CCA
                                Default in what respect? You mean you sent a CCA request off 3 years ago? if so, doesn't matter - at any point between it being deemed UE, and statute barred, if they conjure up a recon that satisfies Carey then the account comes out of UE back into play. However that said, the status of the account doesn't matter one iota - what does matter is the default date, as after 6yrs whether paid or not it'll then drop off your file, after 6 years of non acknowledgement (5 oop norf), it'll then become statute barred in which case you can then be safe that no matter what they conjure up, it's irrelevant.

Basic UE principles mate - read the user guides, it's all there

Any case let’s see what comes next
                                Yea, just relax somewhat

Comment

Working...
                                X