GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Treepiary's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treepiary's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treepiary's UE Diary

I agree with you panther, it is a shame that the OP let Rockwells wear them down. As Dopey said, 2 calls a day isn't very much and can be rectified by giving them the free phone number available to members or by just not answering them phone to them/failing security.

I had Rockwell's dealing with an enforceable debt of mine. A couple of phone calls, half a dozen letters and they were gone.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Treepiary View Post
      yes i have given up, i see it best paying them and not having them hastle my parents telephoning them, even after asking for them to cease.
      It is up to you what you do, of course, but before you go there is one thing you might want to consider.

Paying only makes them WORSE. If you think you are getting agro when you are not paying, what do you think you are going to get when you do pay?

Giving money to debt collectors is like giving heroin to drug addicts. It doesn't satisfy, it just demands ever greater doses. If you give them £5 they want £10, and if you give them £10 they want £20.

If you think that giving them money is going to stop the harassment you are liviing in la-la land. Do something useful with it instead and get a TrueCall.

SH

Comment

or use the service we provide on here to answer and record the phone calls

Comment

no i am trying to fix something i should have done along time ago, instead of putting my head in the sand and letting it get this far.

i have other things on my mind these days, like trying to get my life back after finding out i have heart disease and unstable angina.

at the moment i am fighting a different battle. so far rockwell been ok'ish but time is on my side even though it could be shorter than i expected.

they have tried to ask for more money, yes they have and they got nowhere and will not get anywhere if the keep asking.

Comment

Treepiary surely all this stress is not helping and the sooner you let Nid and everyone help the better it will be for you. just trying to help
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Treepiary,you are not being offered a straw to clutch on at this site, but a genuine solid platform on which to build on.Stay with it.
              Greymatter

Comment

Working...
              X