GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk send her the claim form copy>?

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Just because a credit agreement may be 'enforceable' that doesn't necessarily mean you won't have other legal arguments for your Defence if a claim is issued.

What is the precise name of the owner of this debt - is it Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd? It matters

Di
    Di, I am so sorry, somehow I completely overlooked your response above. I must be in an alternative universe! It is Arrow Global Ltd. They have just issued a claim, so I will need to contact you re advice as how to proceed.
    IM

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
    Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

SAINSBURYS BANK 1

Credit card
    Date commenced: 2008
    Approx balance: £3000
    Date last full payment: 2009
    Currently not paying
    Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
    Account owner: Arrow Global
    DCA: Moorcroft

Key:
    Red text = creditor action
    blue text = my action
    green text = comment

April DMP started
    Aug
    S87 default notice served
    Oct 31st Notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft
    Jan 7th Send letter to Moorcroft requesting docs under CPR
    Jan 22nd Moorcroft reply stating they are in the process of obtaining a copy of the consumer credit agreement.
    Feb 15th Moorcroft letter enclosing "requested documentation". All it contains is copy statements, but no agreement. The agreement was never supplied.

Jan Stop DMP payments
    Mar 17th Moorcroft send settlement offer. ignored

June 15th Letter from Moorcroft stating they are trying to contact me. Ignored
    June 16th Receive statement of account from - wait for it - Arrow Global, also informing me that the account was assigned to them in April 2013, and that Moorcroft are managing the account on their behalf. Nice of them to tell me the account was assigned 4 years ago, as I've never previously received any notice of this ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
    June 22nd s.77-79 CCA request sent to Arrow Global
    June 22nd SAR sent to Sainsburys
    June 30th
    Letter from Sainsburys re the SAR, asking me to sign on the dotted line (literally) and return to them, so they can "complete their security checks". Methinks I'm not giving them my signature (SAR letter was typed signature). Can they refuse to comply without it?
    July 7th Letter from Arrow Global stating they do not accept they "are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute", but they will assist in obtaining the requested docs. Collection activity suspended pending provision of docs etc.
    August 2017 Letter from Arrow saying they're still waiting for docs from OC
    September 2017 Letter from Arrow saying they're still waiting

October Letter from Arrow responding to CCA request, enclosing copy agreement.

January Letter from Arrow saying account transferred to Drydens
    January Chase letter from Drydens. Ignored.

February LBC received from Drydens. Am sending agreement to Niddy for checking, before responding to LBC

February Niddy says

Just because a credit agreement may be 'enforceable' that doesn't necessarily mean you won't have other legal arguments for your Defence if a claim is issued.

What is the precise name of the owner of this debt - is it Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd? It matters

Di

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    I noticed on your thread you said you were not giving Sainsbury your signature. Is that still the case

As far as I am aware, as this is a data protection request they have every right to ensure they are sending the data to the right person and generally a signature is one of the requirements. Some banks ask the person to go into branch to collect their data but Sainsbury must be different.

I really can't see any harm in giving them your signature - they probably have it anyway . If it is a worry, change it slightly and keep a copy

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    Have you ever sent a SAR to Sainsbury Bank. If they do issue a claim you may need that info
    Yes, as per my thread, I am following up.

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    Did you keep the S87(1) notice?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

The general approach is NOT to give the DCA time to get their chickens in a row.

With CCA's S.77/78 this is for Information purposes NOT proof purposes. Also UE is a matter of opinion!!
    So my thoughts for the LBC is to time your return until the say last week!!.
    tick box D, debt in dispute due to non compliance with CCA request
    Throw the Ball back into their court!!
    Thanks Roger, I agree that is the way to go.
    IM

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Have you ever sent a SAR to Sainsbury Bank. If they do issue a claim you may need that info

Did you keep the S87(1) notice?

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Thanks Spud. As you can see Niddy says EN. Plenty of time on LBC response, but unsure of next steps.
    I realise looking back at the diary that I never followed up the SAR with the OC after their signature request, so I guess I need to resurrect that soon as.
    Cheers IM
    The general approach is NOT to give the DCA time to get their chickens in a row.

With CCA's S.77/78 this is for Information purposes NOT proof purposes. Also UE is a matter of opinion!!
    So my thoughts for the LBC is to time your return until the say last week!!.
    tick box D, debt in dispute due to non compliance with CCA request
    Throw the Ball back into their court!!

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spud View Post
    Sounds as though you have got everything in order with the Sainsburys account ( Drydens )......Have you now sent the agreement to Niddy?

Fingers crossed ref the agreement

Keep an eye on the timescales to reply to the LBC
    Thanks Spud. As you can see Niddy says EN. Plenty of time on LBC response, but unsure of next steps.
    I realise looking back at the diary that I never followed up the SAR with the OC after their signature request, so I guess I need to resurrect that soon as.

Cheers IM

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied

SAINSBURYS BANK 1

Credit card
    Currently not paying

Key:
    blue text = my action
    green text = comment

April DMP started
    Aug
    Jan 22nd Moorcroft reply stating they are in the process of obtaining a copy of the consumer credit agreement.
    Feb 15th Moorcroft letter enclosing "requested documentation". All it contains is copy statements, but no agreement. The agreement was never supplied.

Jan Stop DMP payments

June 16th Receive statement of account from - wait for it - Arrow Global, also informing me that the account was assigned to them in April 2013, and that Moorcroft are managing the account on their behalf. Nice of them to tell me the account was assigned 4 years ago, as I've never previously received any notice of this ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
    June 30th
    Letter from Sainsburys re the SAR, asking me to sign on the dotted line (literally) and return to them, so they can "complete their security checks". Methinks I'm not giving them my signature (SAR letter was typed signature). Can they refuse to comply without it?
    July 7th Letter from Arrow Global stating they do not accept they "are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute", but they will assist in obtaining the requested docs. Collection activity suspended pending provision of docs etc.

February LBC received from Drydens. Am sending agreement to Niddy for checking, before responding to LBC

February Niddy says
    Update

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    Sounds as though you have got everything in order with the Sainsburys account ( Drydens )......Have you now sent the agreement to Niddy?

Fingers crossed ref the agreement

Keep an eye on the timescales to reply to the LBC

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied

SAINSBURYS BANK 1

Credit card
    Currently not paying

Key:
    blue text = my action
    green text = comment

April DMP started
    Aug

Jan Stop DMP payments

June 30th

Update

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied
    [QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1519280][QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1519110]

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND)

Credit card
    Date commenced: 2002
    Balance approx: £4,000
    Currently not paying
    Account owner: PRA

Key:
    blue text = my action
    green text = comment

Sept
    S.87 default notice served by Halifax
    Feb 1st
    SAR sent to Halifax

Feb 19th Reply from Halifax. Includes Recon copy of 'agreement', which appears to be just T&Cs (See my comment at bottom of post). State they will send original agreement under separate cover. Warning about not using the services of a claims management company!
    Mar 1st Send letter to Halifax pointing out I made a subject access request, not S.78, therefore I want a copy of the original agreement. They did not respond to this letter
    Mar 6th Letter from Halifax admitting they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement
    July 8th Letter from Halifax stating account assigned to Activ Kapital
    July 8th Letter from Aktiv Kapital stating they have purchased account from LLoyds(!?). Since then it has always been referred to as a Lloyds account

Nov letter received saying Activ Kapital has changed name to PRA Group
    Jan letter received saying account assigned to PRA No notice of assignment received
    Jan Stopped payments
    May letter received demanding payment Ignored
    June letter before claim received from PRA investigation & litigation dept. Letter demands response within x days or court proceedings will be issued
    June 6th S.77-79 & LBA request letters sent to PRA
    June 14th Letter recvd from PRA in response to CCA request stating account on hold whilst they obtain requested information.
    June16th Letter recvd from PRA asking me to complete and return income & expenditure. Ignored
    June 18th Agreement sent to to Niddy

Apart from the recon 'agreement' Halifax sent me above in response to SAR, I also have what I believe may be an original, similar, document when opening the account. However, they have very different content. Both sent to Niddy

June 25th Niddy says the 'agreements' are just random terms, so are Advised to send missing PTs template if they pursue it

August 2018 - over a year later - letter received from PRA in response to my S.77-79 & LBA request, enclosing a 'copy' of alleged agreement. Ignored.
    November 2018 Letter before Claim received from PRA dated November, requiring response deadline later in December
    December 2018 Agreement sent to Niddy
    December 12th Niddy says the latest agreement is illegible and missing terms, so is
    December 14th LBC response returned disputing the debt as in default of S.77/78 CCA request
    December 21st Letter from PRA acknowledging account in dispute and placed on hold
    January 2019 Further letter from PRA saying they are awaiting information and account still on hold
    March 2019 Letter from PRA admitting they are unable to satisfy Sec 77-78 request because OC cant supply original docs, so they are classifying the debt as
    Update
    Last edited by InvisibleMan; 4 April 2019, 18:04.

Leave a comment:

• InvisibleMan
    replied
    Thanks Roger, will do.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    The LBC response can then be
    tick Dispute the debt
    Simply say in default of S.77/78 CCA request.
    (Nothing else)
    Last edited by Roger; 12 December 2018, 07:59. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X