GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The start of a debt free life - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The start of a debt free life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The start of a debt free life

Oh dear Frosty try not to get upset!

A lot of the members here have been in exactly the same situation and for whatever reason, found themselves unable to service all the credit they have built up.

You will hopefully realise a few months down the line that all they will do initially is bombard you with letters and try to get you on any phone number they hold on their system. Don't under any circumstances enter into any conversations on the phone.

Some of the letters will appear threatening but just comment on here if you have any concern with any of the letters.

The lenders use collection agencies so you may get letters advising that the debt has been passed to an agency to collect the debt and again you will get more letters from whatever agency they use and the debt will be passed to many agencies as you go along.

There are so many different agencies, I couldn't begin to list them!

When pay day comes around, it's a nice feeling to have some money in your account and be able to afford your weekly shop and put some petrol in the car without worrying about which credit card to use in case it was declined! (yes I've been there!)

We're all here to help and support you, not to judge.

Comment

Thank you Marypoppins- the scenario you described is sadly all too familiar!

im already looking forward to 2023/2024 when all of these accounts will be off our credit files- one way or another.

Will keep you all posted with the responses on my diaries as they start to appear ��

Thanks again

Comment

Good luck Frosty, you've bitten the bullet and are in safe hands here

Comment

Frosty no one judges anyone here, we've been there ,chin up petal xxx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I apologise - I honestly don't intentionally go out to upset you guys.

Don't forget - we are the leading enitity in existence when it comes to this. Many try to copy us but just can't. We don't judge - we help. If my reply reads 'off' it's because I'm from up north - I say it as it is. But I don't judge & certainly don't mean to offend.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy doesn't mean to upset anyone Frosty it's his way ......... And he's a bloke (I'll get my coat ) !!!

Niddys site is absolutely the best there is .x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                Niddy doesn't mean to upset anyone Frosty it's his way ......... And he's a bloke (I'll get my coat ) !!!

Niddys site is absolutely the best there is .x
                You've been getting your coat for 6 years lol

We'd be lost without you (& your pole)!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Begger off !!!!!!!! x

Comment

No need for any apologies- having a bad day and the enormity/weight of the debt is weighing in on me - will deal with what happens as and when it happens. I'm grateful for all the help and advice so far, will definitely be updating all the diary entries when contact from the creditors starts rolling in...
                    I'm sure you'll all have some great ideas tips with how to handle each of the 18 creditors! Hopefully my examples will help any other poor bugger(s) that finds themselves in a similar position.
                    hope you all all have a good evening x

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty873 View Post
                      I'm sure you'll all have some great ideas tips with how to handle each of the 18 creditors! Hopefully my examples will help any other poor bugger(s) that finds themselves in a similar position.
                      hope you all all have a good evening x
                      Good to see you sounding a bit more upbeat about things.

We've all been there and come out the other side in one piece

# solidarity

Di

Comment

Try not to get upset over your debts and some of the responses you get; sometimes people post in a rush and what they say comes out wrong! No one is judging you and how you reached your situation. By posting and listing you are taking control, even if your debts are enforceable if it becomes necessary you will get help on how to achieve the best solution for your situation. Most of us have had sleepless nights! Try not to force the situation - in an ideal world you play letter ping pong for 6 years .

Comment

Always remember YOU are in control not them xxxx

Comment

Hey,stick with it Frosty,its so very difficult at the start but as time goes by ,with the best advice you can get here on AAD,it becomes a lot easier to handle and you will start relaxing a bit.AAD are the best and will do everything to help you.They give sound advice based on a world of experience and will be there for you at all times.
                            You are now in control.

Comment

Just a quick update from me- we have both changed our mobile numbers to stop being hassled by a few of our creditors.

Someone tried to call me at work today though, one of my colleagues answered and said I was unavailable- when asked for a contact number etc for me to get back to them they refused to give any information. Is there anything I can do to avoid calls at work?

Really don't want my work colleagues to find out

Comment

they are breaking regulation set down by ringing you at work!

Comment

Working...
                                X