GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The start of a debt free life - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The start of a debt free life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The start of a debt free life

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    It doesn't happen, you may hear of an odd case but in the main it doesn't happen - think I have seen one case publicised on another forum, that to me is not proof but on AAD it has never occurred and never will. We won't let it - simply!

Nothing, in essence they are in default until they come out of default, so if you send a request and they don't reply for 4 years, but then randomly issue a claim they'd lose in court because in essence they were in default of your s.78 request so have no right to judgment. If you do a request and they respond a month later, it's no longer in default and they could issue a claim if they so desired.

Make sense?
    Yep thanks Niddy - crystal clear I'm hoping someone has balls' up the administrative side of our CCA's, what is a typical mistake within CCA's to look out for? Obviously I'll be sending them all to you to have a look through (apologies in advance, there's going to be 18 in total at some point). In terms of buying time, should we wait to request the CCA's once we've been issued a default or will it not really make much difference requesting them now?

Comment

It doesn't happen, you may hear of an odd case but in the main it doesn't happen - think I have seen one case publicised on another forum, that to me is not proof but on AAD it has never occurred and never will. We won't let it - simply!

Nothing, in essence they are in default until they come out of default, so if you send a request and they don't reply for 4 years, but then randomly issue a claim they'd lose in court because in essence they were in default of your s.78 request so have no right to judgment. If you do a request and they respond a month later, it's no longer in default and they could issue a claim if they so desired.

Make sense?
      I've just copied the template from your site for requesting CCA's - this might be a stupid question but should we include our address on the letter, as I notice it just has the date on the right hand corner? Just wondering as a couple of our lenders might not have the correct address for us (though wont take them long to find us as we are on the electoral register

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty873 View Post
        Yep thanks Niddy - crystal clear I'm hoping someone has balls' up the administrative side of our CCA's, what is a typical mistake within CCA's to look out for? Obviously I'll be sending them all to you to have a look through (apologies in advance, there's going to be 18 in total at some point). In terms of buying time, should we wait to request the CCA's once we've been issued a default or will it not really make much difference requesting them now?
        The whole point is playing a waiting game - read the diaries and see what I mean - why rush? Just ignore everyone and when they write to you, ignore that - in fact you can ignore the first few letters until such point they default you and threaten to sell it to a DCA - still, if no legal threats are made continue to ignore them - eventually you'll get a snotty letter and then it is time to play the UE game and send a CCA - if they don't respond, fine - ignore it again until such time they do - if they don't but make threats then you use the templates to remind them there is an outstanding request etc....

But again, you play the waiting game. Don't rush into replying - if they say reply in 14 days, reply after 13. lol There is no rush here.

Ultimately you want to achieve 6 years since last payment - so it goes Statute Barred and then they are literally fecked

Make sense...?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Your address goes in top right, lol - like every letter you'd send! I don't mind doing the templates but come on haha!

In AAD+ (http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php) then they are in word format and has spaces for your address

The free templates are just that - a guide. In AAD+ you get full unrestricted access to all templates for every scenario - there are over 50!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...eability-Diary

Hi Frosty, here's my diary and you will see that my debts were high (hubby had about the same!) so don't think your situation is any different to many others on here.

I seen there's been some more posts since mine and Niddy is here too.

Most of mine were UE but I'm now well passed statute barred so their all 'fecked' as Niddy puts it!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
              http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...eability-Diary

Hi Frosty, here's my diary and you will see that my debts were high (hubby had about the same!) so don't think your situation is any different to many others on here.

I seen there's been some more posts since mine and Niddy is here too.

Most of mine were UE but I'm now well passed statute barred so their all 'fecked' as Niddy puts it!
              Hi Marypoppins

Thanks for sharing your diary - I see you had a similar loan amount with Sainsburys which was unenforceable, was this because it was pre 2007?

Comment

Your address goes in top right, lol - like every letter you'd send! I don't mind doing the templates but come on haha!

In AAD+ (http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php) then they are in word format and has spaces for your address

The free templates are just that - a guide. In AAD+ you get full unrestricted access to all templates for every scenario - there are over 50!
                Im very grateful for the template just wasn't sure whether withholding your address was done deliberately to avoid contact from these b*stards!

Comment

It's because on here the formatting is lost if used on a phone or something.

Thats all. As said in AAD+ you just click & download in word. Edit, print & post.

Comment

Reading up - I notice you're asking about freezing interest. This occurs naturally when you default so yea, you'll get a default marker but interest will stop.

So if you decide to make an offer in a few months, at least it won't include shit loads of interest / charges.

Just so you're aware

Comment

Just signed up as a member for two years, so when the time comes ill be having a good look through all of the templates

Thanks again for you help so far

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty873 View Post
                        Just signed up as a member for two years, so when the time comes ill be having a good look through all of the templates

Thanks again for you help so far
                        awesome thank you.

Look now -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...mplate-Letters You'll see the formula for making offers etc too.

*please don't share them outside AAD+.

Comment

Best of luck, I found this site by 'accident' just over a year ago. Whilst I am still quite early in aiming for my 6 years I have found this site EXTREMELY supportive.

Sometimes it is very difficult to know where to turn for advice and you can't ask your mate for advice on how to deal or cope with 80k of debt!

Comment

Reading up - I notice you're asking about freezing interest. This occurs naturally when you default so yea, you'll get a default marker but interest will stop.

So if you decide to make an offer in a few months, at least it won't include shit loads of interest / charges.

Just so you're aware
                            Awesome

Hypothetical question (thinking about the dreaded Tesco Loan) :we borrowed 17,000 and have paid £6020 already our outstanding balance is about £19000 ('m guessing this figure includes all the interest as if the loan was to run until its end date) how will freeing interest work on what's owed?

Comment

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
                              Best of luck, I found this site by 'accident' just over a year ago. Whilst I am still quite early in aiming for my 6 years I have found this site EXTREMELY supportive.

Sometimes it is very difficult to know where to turn for advice and you can't ask your mate for advice on how to deal or cope with 80k of debt!
                              Yep, tell me about it! We were mortified when we realised how high the outstanding balances were on everything - definitely not the sort of thing you can slip into conversation over a coffee or a pint somewhere!

Comment

Hope you are feeling more relaxed now Frosty , remember we are here for you .x
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X