GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Re: XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

Cool well that's currently unenforceable. Well done. Keep that letter very safe. They cannot enforce whilst the breach continues. But it CAN be remedied at any time by creation of recon agreement.

Are you paying into this? If so I'd consider cessation of payment ONLY if pre 04/2007

Leave a comment:

• XX007
    replied

Strange one today I got a signed for letter from Nationwide which is a response to my CCA request enclosing 6 months worth of credit cards statements but saying they cant provide a copy of the agreement at this time.

They also returned my standing order.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by XX007 View Post
    I don't think so. I got it from the templates section here, which is why I found it such a weird response from Barclaycard.
    barclays are a strange bunch.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Judging by their comment regarding since 2008 i.e. not being an offence you probably used a very old CCA1974 request??

Must be an old response from them then, really up to date they must be NOT! i..e. one for all responses

Leave a comment:

• XX007
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    If you've made three separate CCA requests with three separate £1 postal orders in relation to three separate accounts then there should be three separate responses.

You've only posted up one response. Also you've only posted up the first page of that response so can you post up the rest (or email if you prefer).

The letter you've posted refers to providing you with a reconstituted agreement. Can you email that to Niddy with a copy to me making it clear which account this relates to.

Plan B x
    Yes despite sending each of the CCA requests separately they sent all the replies back to me in one envelope. With three letters saying the same thing.

I have them all copied and I am emailing them now.

Leave a comment:

• XX007
    replied

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Judging by their comment regarding since 2008 i.e. not being an offence you probably used a very old CCA1974 request??
    I don't think so. I got it from the templates section here, which is why I found it such a weird response from Barclaycard.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I have had a response to my 3 CCA requests from Barclaycard which I will send in to be looked at.

I have attached the letter I got from Barclaycard.
    If you've made three separate CCA requests with three separate £1 postal orders in relation to three separate accounts then there should be three separate responses.

You've only posted up one response. Also you've only posted up the first page of that response so can you post up the rest (or email if you prefer).

The letter you've posted refers to providing you with a reconstituted agreement. Can you email that to Niddy with a copy to me making it clear which account this relates to.

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• XX007
    replied

I've not heard anything further from Nationwide or Shoosmith's.

But I have had a response to my 3 CCA requests from Barclaycard which I will send in to be looked at.

I have attached the letter I got from Barclaycard. Are the points they make valid.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

Acknowledgement of your complaint is a good thing.....It should put things on hold for a little while

No news is good news with the other ones

Don't be hasty with wanting to make offers or giving them the idea you want to settle early......It may well be taken by them as a sign that there is a weakness in your argument and they may hold out. As Plan B said, There is a time and a place for negotiation. Negotiation with Creditors is like a game of Poker.....You don't want to show your hand too early......Follow the advice others offer, Most have been through this personally and speak from experience

You are in good hands here

Leave a comment:

• XX007
    replied

Got a letter from Shoosmiths today acknowledging the complaint and saying they will investigate and provide a final response within 8 weeks. So no court papers yet.

Still nothing from Nationwide or any CCA response.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

The only other thing I can think to do is contact Shoosmiths by email to say I want to negotiate.

I am quite nervous about what next week will bring.
    Even if proceedings are issued there will be an opportunity to negotiate and settle at the Mediation stage.

I understand you feel nervous but there's nothing bad that can happen today (it's a Sunday) so put it to the back of your mind if you can

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• XX007
    replied

Shoosmiths do have the letter I wrote saying I was complaining. Plus there has been no acknowledgement of the CCA request yet which was posted on 19 March.

The person I spoke to at the ombudsman service said if proceedings are issued I may be able to get the court to delay things if I ring them to say the case is being investigated by the Ombudsman.

I was resigned to just sitting it out and seeing what happens. The only other thing I can think to do is contact Shoosmiths by email to say I want to negotiate.

I am quite nervous about what next week will bring.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I rang the ombudsman up yesterday and they said they would look at my case a bit quicker as there is court action pending.
    With any luck the FOS will contact the bank and ask them to halt any legal action while they investigate, but don't count on it.

Shoosmiths' LBA deadline is 31st March so maybe check again with the FOS on Tuesday morning. The FOS will be dealing with Nationwide not Shoosmiths who would need to be uninstructed by Nationwide or at least told not to issue proceedings (yet).

Leave a comment:

• XX007
    replied

I rang the ombudsman up yesterday and they said they would look at my case a bit quicker as there is court action pending.

I am working on some of the other CCA letters today.

I got a letter about one of my Barclaycards today giving a formal demand and notice of a default to be issued in the next 28 days. so I suppose the other two will follow very quickly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X