GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HFC visa - Westcot\Arrow Global - Account now CLOSED - - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HFC visa - Westcot\Arrow Global - Account now CLOSED -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdizzy View Post
    need some advice on a new matter. . . but how do i create a new post ?

Hello

Why don't you add a new post to your original thread which is in the Unenforceable Diary section > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...572-debt-story

Are you still having problems with your Barclays loan or do you have a new issue?

Di

Comment

or, go into "forum" at top of page, click a forum topic of your choice', there should be a red +new topic button ,at the top of the list of entry's, click on that and off you go.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you very much for your responses, its really about my wifes mother passing away in march this year and SSE Electric were the utility provider and are trying to claim a £139 unpaid bill. They have passed ther claim to Phillips & Cohen. They sent a letter to her residence, which states the claim is only against the estate, which was insolvent. She was retired, lived in council provided sheltered housing and died one month before her 36 month exclusion life insurance policy would have paid out, so all we received towards the funeral costs was a refund of the monthly premiums that were paid by her. We paid for the funeral arrangements through savings & credit union help. We have paperwork to prove all of this and just need a bit of advice on how to react, or not to. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by sdizzy View Post
          its really about my wifes mother passing away in march this year and SSE Electric were the utility provider and are trying to claim a £139 unpaid bill. They have passed ther claim to Phillips & Cohen. They sent a letter to her residence, which states the claim is only against the estate, which was insolvent.

I'm sorry for the loss of your wife's mother.

From the way you describe the situation it seems the solicitors are being a tad insensitive considering the sum (possibly) owed and the circumstances surrounding their client's outstanding balance.

Have they actually issued a claim?

Di

Comment

Thank you for your comment.
            As for a claim, the wording of the letter is'...only the estate is liable for this amount'. I believe they are just looking for contact, as the correspondence was sent to my MIL's council provided home. With the lockdown and suspension of home clearance services, we still have access to the property, so ny wife goes there weekly to check the mail.

Comment

Although they did leave a voicemail message asking for contact on our landline a few days ago. We are ex-directory but because of the Lifeline service which was provided, we were obviously the first point of contact in case of any events.

Comment

I see no harm in you contacting SSE Electric direct to explain that the account holder is deceased. They should have a department which deals with these things.

They won’t be able to discuss the account with you for Data Protection reasons but they should listen to what you say.

I would ask them to write off the small balance outstanding and also ask them to instruct their solicitors to back off at this sensitive time.

Di

Comment

Di, thank you for your comment. I will write to SSE and see what transpires.

Comment

Working...
                  X