GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grassy_K
    replied
    Re: Grassy Knollington vs Nasty Banks

And now I have another fight on my hands that I didn't even ask for.

Barclaycards x 2 (both old Egg cards, World MasterCard and Standard Card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004 & 2005

Approx Balance £9,000 and £10,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP every month to each

Defaulted - never apparently

Account owner: Not sure. I thought this was with a DCA... maybe Link.

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.

Sounds ominous, they've been quiet for ages and I thought I was in a payment arrangement already with them. Is the above a prelude to litigation?

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
    I know it's seems that it is easy for others to say when they are not in your shoes but most people on here are in the same position as you. I've had three accounts with the same DCA and they have been sending me the "we've referred back to our client and will get back to you" letter each month for about 18 months now. You need to chill as advised now
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Agree, yesterday had letter from Marlin, referred back to Lloyds. They were unable to supply cca in 2011.

Leave a comment:

• billytommo
    replied

I know it's seems that it is easy for others to say when they are not in your shoes but most people on here are in the same position as you. I've had three accounts with the same DCA and they have been sending me the "we've referred back to our client and will get back to you" letter each month for about 18 months now. You need to chill as advised now

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Just ignore this and see what they send next.

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner HFC still (I think)

13/1 Letter from HFC - account has been referred to Restons Solicitors
    20/1 Letter to HFC - complaint re failure to consider offers or freeze interest, request for copy of Credit Agreement enclosing £1
    21/1 Extremely threatening letter received from Restons - pay up by January 30th or we will issue a County Court summons
    21/1 Letter to Restons - outstanding CCA request and account in dispute with HFC
    29/1 Letter from Restons - We are referring to our client and will revert back to you in due course

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

aw i was kinda hoping for the tardis................................

just keep an eye on these buggers, come right back if you get anything else

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    I'm presuming that you sent the account in dispute to Restons yesterday, not next month, or do you have a tardis?

you need to sit tight and see what they come back with, you've sent a CCA, they can't technically take you to court while that is outstanding, don't be scared, you will get through this, we all have and we're still standing......................
    oops - post amended, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

I'm presuming that you sent the account in dispute to Restons yesterday, not next month, or do you have a tardis?

you need to sit tight and see what they come back with, you've sent a CCA, they can't technically take you to court while that is outstanding, don't be scared, you will get through this, we all have and we're still standing......................

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner HFC still (I think)

13/1 Letter from HFC - account has been referred to Restons Solicitors
    20/1 Letter to HFC - complaint re failure to consider offers or freeze interest, request for copy of Credit Agreement enclosing £1
    21/1 Extremely threatening letter received from Restons - pay up by January 30th or we will issue a County Court summons
    21/1 Letter to Restons - outstanding CCA request and account in dispute with HFC

Thoughts anyone? I can't help feeling that I am about to be marched into court with my arm up my back, whatever I do. Very evil and nasty people.

- A very unhappy (and somewhat scared) Grassy Knollington.
    Last edited by Grassy_K; 22 January 2014, 21:34.

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    As you've seen thes guys will run roughshod over you if you appear to be easy meat, you need to turn into a bit of really fatty gristle, not so easy to run over. We will help all we can. When do the debts date from?
    Well, the agreement was around 2003-2004 from memory... Certainly pre-2007

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

Originally posted by grassy_knollington View Post
    Letter sent.
    As you've seen thes guys will run roughshod over you if you appear to be easy meat, you need to turn into a bit of really fatty gristle, not so easy to run over. We will help all we can. When do the debts date from?

Leave a comment:

• odetter
    replied

Once you get ballsy and take control life gets better.

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Letter sent.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by grassy_knollington View Post
    OK. This is what I will do, tonight.
    Here-----> CCA Request ...don't forget to send a £1 postal order Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X