GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wiggle's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiggle's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wiggle's UE Diary

Originally posted by Wiggle61 View Post
    I didn't fall into arrears. Went from paying the full amount to a reduced amount via the DMP and haven't missed a payment. Doesn't sound promising.

I will add the other three into the diary.

Interesting re: the DMP. I think I am at the stage now where I take this on myself. I assume I have to set up some sort of basic, separate bank account detached from my current? Is there anywhere I can read up on the process? I assume it's simply a case of informing the DMP that I am managing it now and setting up payments (or not) to the creditors?
    Hiya, ok therefore if you did that the fact is you DID go onto an Arrangement hence the AP marker will stay, that is a fact. Sorry but it is.

youre best defaulting then doing a dmp if anything, cos at least then after 6 years you get a clean file - your way could mean a 12 year dmp showing 6 years historic data plus another 6 years for a default if you mess up the dmp so in all you'll have had a bad credit file for over 20 years, for what? Get it defaulted then that's that sorted

several people here have done DMP's -PayPlan included - and have paid it religiously for many years to then at the end get a bill for interest, I mean several thousand

Why use them, do it yourself if necessary but right now I'd cancel the whole dmp and listen to us, then let's get you back on track following the UE route. Up to you mate.

i think I've spelled out the relevant points to you now. Time to make a decision
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hiya, ok therefore if you did that the fact is you DID go onto an Arrangement hence the AP marker will stay, that is a fact. Sorry but it is.

youre best defaulting then doing a dmp if anything, cos at least then after 6 years you get a clean file - your way could mean a 12 year dmp showing 6 years historic data plus another 6 years for a default if you mess up the dmp so in all you'll have had a bad credit file for over 20 years, for what? Get it defaulted then that's that sorted

several people here have done DMP's -PayPlan included - and have paid it religiously for many years to then at the end get a bill for interest, I mean several thousand

Why use them, do it yourself if necessary but right now I'd cancel the whole dmp and listen to us, then let's get you back on track following the UE route. Up to you mate.

i think I've spelled out the relevant points to you now. Time to make a decision
      Are there any other options such as F&F that clean up the credit history? Or will that show for six years too?

Comment

AFAIK a default stays on your credit file for 6 years regardless of whether its satisfied or not.

Comment

Originally posted by odetter View Post
          AFAIK a default stays on your credit file for 6 years regardless of whether its satisfied or not.
          correct - the last 6 years of the history of the AP will stay now as well. Basically the best option is to default across the board and see out 6 years - that's the ONLY way to sort it out now.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Are there any other options such as F&F that clean up the credit history? Or will that show for six years too?
            We can sometimes get a default removed with a F&F but it's not the defaults you need to worry about, it's the AP history as well, so you're best saving the pennies and literally getting defaulted then work forward from now, at least you've found the right help to get you sorted at the first opportunity.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              We can sometimes get a default removed with a F&F but it's not the defaults you need to worry about, it's the AP history as well, so you're best saving the pennies and literally getting defaulted then work forward from now, at least you've found the right help to get you sorted at the first opportunity.....
              but say I settle now, and get it marked as settled in full or whatever, and I go to get a mortgage in two years.... will the single ATP marker on a closed acct kill any chances of a mortgage?

Comment

but say I settle now, and get it marked as settled in full or whatever, and I go to get a mortgage in two years.... will the single ATP marker on a closed acct kill any chances of a mortgage?
                yep, it'll affect any mortgage as mortgage lenders are being strict as hell right now and will pick and choose the best customers, you will struggle with any form of default - certainly less than 3 years old, in fact saying that even 6 years unless you have a huge deposit.

Sorry, that's the facts though. You need a clean credit file to get a mortgage nowadays.... No excuses accepted. A user here last week was refused a mortgage cos a late payment by British gas of all companies, it's a joke!! However we managed to get that default wiped for the user as it was actually false reporting of data, yours sadly is accurate so you're snookered.

Comment

Ok, so hang on for the Ombudsman verdict then look to get it defaulted ASAP I guess..... six years, Jesus

Comment

MBNA

Credit Card
                    Commenced Jan 2006
                    Balance approx £3374 (defaulted Aug 2009)
                    Last full payment circa Jan 2009.
                    On DMP paying £40 per month
                    Default applied July 2009
                    Paying Direct Legal and Collections
                    CCJ March 2011 for £4,698

Comment

Barclays

Overdraft
                      Commenced May 1995
                      Balance approx £3215
                      Last full payment - Unknown
                      On DMP paying £40 per month
                      Default applied March 2009
                      Paying Barclays

Comment

Northern Rock

Unsecured Personal Loan
                        Commenced Feb 2005
                        Balance approx £13,926
                        Last full payment - Feb 2009
                        On DMP paying £180 per month
                        ATP applied Nov 2009
                        Paying Marlin

Comment

Ok, so hang on for the Ombudsman verdict then look to get it defaulted ASAP I guess..... six years, Jesus
                          sadly yes......

Comment

Northern Rock

Unsecured Personal Loan
                            Commenced Feb 2005
                            Balance approx £13,926
                            Last full payment - Feb 2009
                            On DMP paying £180 per month
                            ATP applied Nov 2009
                            Paying Marlin
                            See what Niddy has to say but maybe sending a s.78 CCA request to Marlin for this Northern Rock debt won't harm since it's a loan started in 2005

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                              See what Niddy has to say but maybe sending a s.78 CCA request to Marlin for this Northern Rock debt won't harm since it's a loan started in 2005
                              I agree.....

Comment

OK, I will do. Regarding the two I have already CCA'd (and not received anything) I am going to send the final letter template and stop payments. Thoughts?

I refer to my letter dated 24/10/2013 in which I made a formal request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974) s.77-s.79 for a true copy of the regulated agreement referred to in the above account number. You have been reminded several times now that non compliance will result in cessation of payment and you were also reminded that you are obliged to supply this under s.189 whether you are the original creditor or not. I also enclosed the statutory fee of £1.00.
                                To date you have failed to comply with my statutory request and have defaulted in respect of this account. Additionally this alleged agreement is unenforceable until such time as you come out of default or until it is enforced by a court of law. It is a further offence to attempt to enforce this alleged agreement until such time as your default is revoked. Similarly, in line with recent OFT Guidance surrounding Unenforceability, I presume you're aware that the OFT has stipulated that Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements? Well under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
                                · a copy of their agreement
                                · copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
                                · a statement of account.
                                If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:
                                · make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed toget a court judgment against the debtor
                                As this account is clearly unenforceable, not only am I ceasing all payments toward this account, but I expect you to write back and confirm that no further action will be taken and that the account is now closed and no further correspondence will take place; irrespective, unless you do supply a lawful agreement I will not correspond with you again and any threats will be averred as unlawful and vexatious with a counter-claim forthcoming. In the meantime, I require that you clarify your position on this point as failure to do so, even by omission or lack of a response, will be regarded as an attempt to deliberately misrepresent or conceal the legal position regarding this matter to which an appropriate complaint will be made to the OFT.

I await your prompt response.

Comment

Working...
                                X