GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Radioactive Ja - Time to stop being a pushover! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radioactive Ja - Time to stop being a pushover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radioactive Jan - Time to stop being a pushover!

Love the new Barclays Bank sign, only just noticed it!

Comment

Very confused. Had a reply back from Capquest who my Nat West loan had been passed to. They returned my PO and said that they had closed the account and returned it to Royal Bank of Scotland? I know this was my Nat West loan because the reference they have quote was my Nat West sort code and loan number. Ok guess it makes sense. I see that Nat West and Rbs are one and the same - does that mean that the public own both of them now? So perhaps I owe myself the money now.
      Well send P O and CCA request to Nat West collections, or should I send to RBS address?
      Last edited by Radioactive Ja; 19 February 2013, 19:41.

Comment

Well done Jan first scalp to you. Wishing many more to come.

If its Nat Pest I would say write to Nat Pest. If you send it to RBS they will just lose it or say they never got it or not understand its one and the same company.

Yeah dont it make you feel swell you are being persecuted by the bank you own.

Comment

Go girlie... I cannot believe they threw it back so quick and you haven't even missed a payment yet!

Jane x

Comment

Re: Radioactive Jan - EGG?

Originally posted by Radioactive Jan View Post
            Type of account credit card

Date commenced 02/05/3003

Approx balance £2500

Date of last full payment 01/03/2009

Are you on arrangement or not paying. DMP

Status shown as default 14/04/2009

Account owner Barclays Bank - think this was EGG

---------------------------------------------------------------------
            CCA request and postal order sent 16/02/2013

Wow!! Letter received from Barclays stating that the debt is unenforcable followed by more words saying that I should pay anyway. They can continue to pursue the debt by any action short of enforcement. Can't believe I have struggled for the past four years to pay them £7000 on an unenforceable debt. Thanks to this site for opening my eyes. So I guess I am in for a little letter ping pong, but they can't do anything really scary. Roll on the next five creditors.

Comment

Wow!! Letter received from Barclays stating that the debt is unenforcable followed by more words saying that I should pay anyway. They can continue to pursue the debt by any action short of enforcement. Can't believe I have struggled for the past four years to pay them £7000 on an unenforceable debt. Thanks to this site for opening my eyes. So I guess I am in for a little letter ping pong, but they can't do anything really scary. Roll on the next five creditors.
              Well done!

There is nothing like a good result early on to give you the motivation to carry on with the entire program. Sharklays admitting something and being honest! I think I need to lie down.

Of course, they will still make a nuisance, but they will be as easy to swat away as flies.

Make sure you keep that letter very safe. I would scan it to create a digital copy which can be printed out should the original be lost or damaged, and I would then make copies of that copy. I would upload it to one of the free cloud storage services, so that even if my house burned down or I was burgled and cleaned out of absolutely everything, I would still be able to print off the evidence.

SH

Comment

I will do all of those, thank you. Still can't believe it.

Comment

I am jealous. I actually have an unenforceable one with Barclaycard and they just refuse to answer my S78 requests, 3rd one now! Is this the new "ethical" face of Barclays?

Congratulations are in order, just shows that with help from this forum we will win in the end.

Comment

Send me a copy Jan, I'll keep one too

Great news though.... this is the Egg that became a Barclaycard isn't it? Same as mine.... be interesting to see what Marlin's get back from Barclaycard for me.

Jane x

Comment

I agree with you. I have sent copies of my UE agreement to everyone, stored it on server, laptop, mainframe, skydrive and google cloud. Just in case.

Comment

Well done Jan!

Comment

Well done from me too Jan
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

And in the voice of some sports commetators that is Jan 2 DCA's 0.

Good start to the half Jan and hope the rest are all big fat lemons too.

Amazing where they push you and how you feel when you start to reassert your rights.

Comment

Wow!! Letter received from Barclays stating that the debt is unenforcable followed by more words saying that I should pay anyway.
                              Yes just the same as Barclays should pay a fair proportion of tax on the money they make, but they don't do that do they and instead use legalise to not pay it. Funny how the shoe fits for one scenario but not for another isn't it?

Well done Jan!
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                                I agree with you. I have sent copies of my UE agreement to everyone, stored it on server, laptop, mainframe, skydrive and google cloud. Just in case.
                                Thats very sensible. I also copied docs to my laptop but didn't back up this up as often as I should and had it stolen so lost several weeks of correspondence
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X