GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Radioactive Ja - Time to stop being a pushover! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radioactive Ja - Time to stop being a pushover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radioactive Jan - Time to stop being a pushover!

Sounds good to me, lets beat the buggers and have some money for wine!

Comment

Re: Radioactive Jan - EGG?

Definitely no unopened letters and lived at this address for over 16 years. Payplan records show this as originally Egg. You are welcome to join the more money for wine club with TastyJane and me.

Comment

Just goes to show how each debt is different.

If Barclays have held onto it then its not following the route ours is taking even tho you were defaulted within weeks of ours and hasnt gone to Marlin as has nearly all the Eggs remaining on here.

Wine is goooooooood.

Comment

Ken I did wonder if it's because Jan has been paying into a DMP so in fact it has been paid, albeit a lower amount? I wonder what will happen when it goes into default?

Jane x

Comment

Well done Jan
            Overdrafts work a little differently and they'll argue that it's not covered by the CCA, but it is, except not in quite the same way. We'll deal with that when it comes to it...

Is it the ones marking your file "satisfactory" who are still adding interest?

Payplan are funded by the banks so although they profess to be on your side, they aren't really. They won't get involved with any unenforceability issues.
            The creditors won't consider a F&F on a paying account. To be in the best position you need to stop paying and identify as many points of dispute as possible with the account. If any of yours turn out to be unenforceable, and due to their age I guess many will, it's youir choice whether to try an F&F or do what many of us do and blag it for 6 years waiting for it to become Statute Barred, when you're home free.

At some point you'll need to make the decision of whether to stop the Payplan payments. If it was me I'd do that now. The sooner you do the sooner they default those interest bearing accounts and the sooner the Statute Barred clock starts ticking

Read up as much as you can on here to help you decide. If any aren't unenforceable you can still blag for as long as possible then either offer the F&F or negotiate your own payment plan - sans interest- with our help.
            Save me some of that wine you two..
            Elsa x

Comment

It is marked as default in 14/04/2009 x x

Comment

Thanks elsa yes I've decided to stop paying Payplan. I'll try to put the money aside for any that aren't unenforcable. Just have to not let the kids know that I might have money in a bank. You are right it is the ones marked satisfactory that are still charging interest. I pay one of the Barclays £81 per month and they are adding interest of around £80.88 each month. So more fool me for paying it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                  Ken I did wonder if it's because Jan has been paying into a DMP so in fact it has been paid, albeit a lower amount? I wonder what will happen when it goes into default?

Jane x
                  Jane suspect you have nailed it there. Why sell an account you are getting money on.

And there is the nub of the probem they are in no hurry to help you when you really are trying to pay back they just normally heap more on you threaten a wrecked credit file and a default and all those other scarey things.

If they sat down with you stop all the other costs take out all the naughty charges and then let you pay at an affordable rate for you not them then there would be no need for places like this website.

In a strange way they push people into taking radical options. By being human they would get more co operation.

Comment

Not your fault, we're all duped by the "talk to your bank" brigade. When you do ask for help they cynically pretend to help by setting up a never ending payment plan which will stay on your file for eons, then another 4-6 years after it's finished.

We've learned that it's better to just get it defaulted asap so it drops off sooner, and interest/charges virtually always stop.

I reckon they've had their pound of flesh out of you. Any PPI on any of those by the way?

Comment

Don't think theses any PPI, I was always broke and said no to anything extra cost

Comment

Another point Jan.. is your main current account with the same bank as any of those debts?
                        If so, you'll need to open a "parachute account" with an unconnected bank to prevent them using right of offset further down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioactive Jan View Post
                          Don't think theses any PPI, I was always broke and said no to anything extra cost
                          Thats a real shame as that gives a real nice feeling when you win.

Do you have any old paperwork?

Comment

Yes to separate bank ac, opened one with Santander adages ago, running with no problems (except no lottery win in it

Comment

I have paperwork from 2009 when I set up Payplan. Haven't kept anything since and don't really get sent anything anyway.

Comment

Thats not a problem and if they are UE and its the way you go the PPI reclaim isnt something Niddy advises. Well not to start with.

If any are EN then perhaps you would SAR them then to see if anything is on them.

But thats defeatist we are hoping you have a great big basket of yellow fruit.

Yep reckon you sacking Payupplan and assuming control is the way forward. The CCA's requests are posted, time to enjoy the next couple of weeks before whole forests are addressed to you and posted through your letterbox.

Good time to read diaries and a good post is the one year on one in the UE section. Gives a flavour of what will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X