GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jojo65 - Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jojo65 - Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jojo65 - Diary

Which parts are you finding hard to complete? it may be better for someone here to help you rather than extending the time in which to comply.

Most credit cards in the past have accepted I & E from me on behalf of my mother with the following formats.

Wait until someone else says whether this is good enough or not, im only saying that it has been for me.

but heres my example

Last edited by SXGuy; 10 December 2012, 10:09.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's my figures really, my income comes from different sources and not just one, this makes it a bit more complicated than a standard wage. so I will have to take an avg over 3 months.

As for the forms I will use a CAB one, as they all seem to accept those.

Regards
      Jojo

Comment

average seems like the best way to do it. Same with my income varies throughout the year.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Jojo, yes I would definitely go with the official CAB "Common Financial Statement" as under the OFT Debt Collection guidelines they should give credence to this. They should also give you at least 30 days grace if you are taking debt advice from CAB or a similar organisation.

To gain you more time, you could write something on the lines of:

Account Ref:
          Dear Sirs,
          With reference to your letter of xxxx in which you threaten legal action if you do not receive payment proposals for the above account, I write to inform you that I am currently seeking help from The C.A.B. and would therefore ask that you place the account on hold until I have had chance to obtain further advice.
          Regretfully I have received misleading advice from elsewhere on dealing with this debt in the past, but assure you that I now wish to come to a mutually agreeable payment arrangement by instalments.
          I should perhaps explain that this debt became unmanageable after my business failed when I was diagnosed with cancer, later confirmed as an inoperable tumour, following which I suffered from severe depression. The stress of the constant harrassment regarding this debt is affecting my health further, hence I wish to resolve this to put my mind at rest.
          I will be completing the CAB Common Financial Statement in due course, in the meantime your assistance in placing the account on hold, in accordance with OFT Debt Collection Guidelines, would be most appreciated.
          In view of my health problems I would ask that all communications are kept in writing from now on, and would be grateful if you would confirm in writing that the account is on hold.
          yours faithfully,

(I've tried to address the matter of earlier freeman letters sent too )

Elsa x
          PS: The Debt Collection Guidelines, for reference:
          http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con...lection_g1.pdf
          Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 10 December 2012, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            Hi Jojo, yes I would definitely go with the official CAB "Common Financial Statement" as under the OFT Debt Collection guidelines they should give credence to this. They should also give you at least 30 days grace if you are taking debt advice from CAB or a similar organisation.

To gain you more time, you could write something on the lines of:

Account Ref:
            Dear Sirs,
            With reference to your letter of xxxx in which you threaten legal action if you do not receive payment proposals for the above account, I write to inform you that I am currently seeking help from The C.A.B. and would therefore ask that you place the account on hold until I have had chance to obtain further advice.
            Regretfully I have received misleading advice from elsewhere on dealing with this debt in the past, but assure you that I now wish to come to a mutually agreeable payment arrangement by instalments.
            I should perhaps explain that this debt became unmanageable after my business failed when I was diagnosed with cancer, later confirmed as an inoperable tumour, following which I suffered from severe depression. The stress of the constant harrassment regarding this debt is affecting my health further, hence I wish to resolve this to put my mind at rest.
            I will be completing the CAB Common Financial Statement in due course, in the meantime your assistance in placing the account on hold, in accordance with OFT Debt Collection Guidelines, would be most appreciated.
            In view of my health problems I would ask that all communications are kept in writing from now on, and would be grateful if you would confirm in writing that the account is on hold.
            yours faithfully,

(I've tried to address the matter of earlier freeman letters sent too )

Elsa x
            PS: The Debt Collection Guidelines, for reference:
            http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con...lection_g1.pdf
            Thank you so much for doing this, I know it was not a five minute job and I really appreciate it. I am continuously humbled by the help and suport given here.

I will send this out tomorrow, recorded delivery to Moon and Beaver, with a CC to Connaught and 1st Credit.

Then I can crack on with the I & E.

Cleared my last month of 3 months Mortgage arrears today, thank god!

Kind regards
            Jojo

Comment

No probs Jojo, you're most welcome. What should happen now is they'll have to give you the 30 days grace, they should also reclassify you as vulnerable and may ask for proof of illness.

Well done on clearing the mortgage arrears!

Elsa x

Comment

Well I've updated my diary and have started taking the fight back to Halifax. Need to get a grip on my wife's M & S and Barclay Loan now. Total debts about 27k I hope that some of these will be unenforceable so we can start clearing the ones that are and stop running around in circles.

Thank you to everybody on here for their help and support.

Comment

Mine totalled £50K before I joined here, now down to £25K and much of that unenforceable

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                    Mine totalled £50K before I joined here, now down to £25K and much of that unenforceable
                    My mothers even higher than that, and about 10k ish enforceable, so dont worry to much just yet! stay positive!

Comment

After a call from Albion, I guess I need to send a sold in dispute letter?
                      Cheers
                      JoJo

Comment

Originally posted by jojo65 View Post
                        After a call from Albion, I guess I need to send a sold in dispute letter?
                        Cheers
                        JoJo
                        ?????? Call

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                          ?????? Call
                          Yep! They just called me up out of the blue. I have received no letter from them. I've only heard the name Albion on here.

I added the details to my Diary on page 1.

When they said it was Albion I was tempted to say..."What West Bromwich Albion?" Sorry too busy to play.
                          Last edited by jojo65; 19 December 2012, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo65 View Post
                            Yep! They just called me up out of the blue. I have received no letter from them. I've only heard the name Albion on here.

I added the details to my Diary on page 1.

When they said it was Albion I was tempted to say..."What West Bromwich Albion?" Sorry too busy to play.
                            I would send this then if it were me --> Harassment by Telephone

Comment

15/12/2012 Letter from 1st Credit Stating that they have received my letter of the 10th, forwarded to them by Connaught and stating that 'the account will now be dealt with as sympathetically as possible by the Debt Support Team.' and that they are putting the account on hold for 30 days (To let me sort my IE details out).
                              19/12/2012 Letter from 1st Credit's Debt Support Officer stating that due to my medical condition they have now requested the account back from Moon Beaver Solicitors and look forward to hearing from me in due course.

Diary update - Thank you Undercover Elsa x

Comment

A little bit of good news for a change!

Comment

Working...
                                X