GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jojo65 - Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jojo65 - Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jojo65 - Diary

Originally posted by jojo65 View Post
    God! This whole thing is a stomach churning nightmare. Now Halifax are playing their face. I can honestly say that I am now down to my last pair of shoes. Still I managed to lose 3st7lb in the last 3 years which allowed me to work backwards through my closet. There's always a silver lining I guess.

The bottom line is that I got myself into this shit, I just thank God that there are totally unselfish people on here to help and support me.

It's far more than I imagined.
    HI JoJo65, whats happened with Halifax, give us some idea of what they are saying in their letter. Most things can be dealt with via the templates. I have had loads of letters and I just reply with one of Niddys letters and it sends them packing. It is still early days and I can remember the feeling I used to get but it will feel better soon and you will get some control back in your life. Can I suggest you put all your debts down in diary form (see other diaries) and then the guys on here will see what needs to be done. Hang in there mate it does get better, honest, regards Pezman

Comment

Believe me JoJo, we've all been in similar positions.

Try not to worry and wait and see what Niddy says.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
        HI JoJo65, whats happened with Halifax, give us some idea of what they are saying in their letter. Most things can be dealt with via the templates. I have had loads of letters and I just reply with one of Niddys letters and it sends them packing. It is still early days and I can remember the feeling I used to get but it will feel better soon and you will get some control back in your life. Can I suggest you put all your debts down in diary form (see other diaries) and then the guys on here will see what needs to be done. Hang in there mate it does get better, honest, regards Pezman
        I have one going In the Diary at the mo, which I am being helped with. I have managed to call Haifux and put them off for 10 Days but I will upload as soon as possible which will be Friday as I teach teenagers on Monday and Thursday nights for a Charity. (Trying to put something in rather than taking out, as I did in the past.)
        Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Citi, sadly is enforceable.

It was taken out April 2007 which didn't help matters but all the PT's are clear however there is no signature anywhere - can you clarify how you applied for the card? Phone/Web/Post

As a result you're going to struggle to hold off 1st Credit for much longer, therefore either consider an offer to settle and/or a monthly repayment. That said, if you have the notice of assignment/default notice and termination notice we may find fault within those...?

They may be in secure section, I'll check tonight cos I just unzipped something you loaded

Please clarify and sorry, not much doing with this one.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Citi, sadly is enforceable.

It was taken out April 2007 which didn't help matters but all the PT's are clear however there is no signature anywhere - can you clarify how you applied for the card? Phone/Web/Post

As a result you're going to struggle to hold off 1st Credit for much longer, therefore either consider an offer to settle and/or a monthly repayment. That said, if you have the notice of assignment/default notice and termination notice we may find fault within those...?

They may be in secure section, I'll check tonight cos I just unzipped something you loaded

Please clarify and sorry, not much doing with this one.

As I remember it was done by post.
            I will look at the NOA

What is the best way to make an offer? The offer templates don't really deal with this circumstance as I have never paid 1st Credit. They only came thru with the CCA a couple of weeks ago and then went at some speed.
            Last edited by jojo65; 6 December 2012, 12:20.

Comment

Hi JoJo,
              Niddy has an excellent track record at dealing with 1st Credit. Don't worry....Wait till he comes back and see what he says.

Elsa x

Comment

Now it has been confirmed and enforceable.

Any ideas on the letter that should be sent to first credit? Not sure FC are going to deal with me given the brush-offs that they have had.

Thanks

Jojo

Comment

Hi Jojo, hold off till Niddy gets chance to answer, he's been a tad busy...I'll flag it up for his attention

Comment

Good advice! Sorry bit of a panic attack! You know the story, I can't see the wood for the trees at the moment. x

Comment

It's understandable, I've been there! Not any more though!
                      Are you thinking in terms of a low full and final offer, or an instalment agreement, Jojo?

Comment

Jojo65.

We all been there got the t shirt so dont you worry. Its natural to feel the way you are.

As to advice read Niddys last post again. Get your NOA and DN over to him if you havnt already.

Next start to think of a realistic repayment plan. I & E forms would be good to show what you can afford to 1st Credit.

Use the time while Niddy ponders usefully. From his last post it is obvious he thinks you are going to have to engage with them to sort this out.

But he has an excellent track record with 1st Credit so if anyone can help it will be Niddy on this one. Your in safe hands

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                          It's understandable, I've been there! Not any more though!
                          Are you thinking in terms of a low full and final offer, or an instalment agreement, Jojo?
                          Yes, I'm afraid it's going to have to be installments. I am away from home at the moment but have an almost finished IE there which I can get tomorrow and finish.

My problem is that my income is up and down, so I guess the best thing I can do is take a 3 month average.

For instance I have just paid 2 months mortgage arrears and am about to pay the 3 arrear on Monday, to bring it up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo65 View Post
                            Yes, I'm afraid it's going to have to be installments. I am away from home at the moment but have an almost finished IE there which I can get tomorrow and finish.

My problem is that my income is up and down, so I guess the best thing I can do is take a 3 month average.

For instance I have just paid 2 months mortgage arrears and am about to pay the 3 arrear on Monday, to bring it up to date.
                            That is the Priority debt, most important,
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It sure is! I went for a Job interview in London last year which ran over time, missed the train and had to sleep rough on a bench as I had no money. Didn't tell anyone though, too ashamed.

Keeping a roof overhead is a must.

Comment

Remember leaving a meeting in London, was held up on interview by the BBC Researchers, they offered to Taxi me to Victoria Bus Station to catch last Bus home to the S. West, time was o.k. so I declined, got to the underground, and god help me Rugby supporters returning from match, took 3 tube trains before I got on, only to arrive Victoria and see the National Express leave the Bus station. freezing night so I got on the Tube to try and head for Heathrow where it will be warmer till the morning Buses, only got 4 stops = Terminated, so I tried to thumb a lift onto M4 to Heathrow, no-body would stop prior to the M4, so I walked back to Victoria bus station, and managed to find one seat and froze the rest of the morning till the Buses started, that was in 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X