GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Suicidal Sid Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suicidal Sid Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suicidal Sid Diary

Mint Cards

Balance £4000

Oct 2012 Sent CCa
    Oct 2012 Recieved request for signature
    Nov 2012 Sent "you dont need it" letter
    Dec 2012 Recieved threat from solicitors (Green&Co)
    Dec 2012 Recieved "we need signature" for second time along with my cca and po.
    Last edited by suicidal-sid; 8 January 2013, 15:28.

Comment

MBNA

Balance £7000

Sold to IDEM March 2012
      Nov 2012 Sent CCA Request

Comment

A and L Loan

Balance £2000

DCA MOORCROFT

Nov 2012 Sent CCA Request
        Dec 2012 Recieved Terms and conditions. EMAILED NIDDY

Last edited by suicidal-sid; 8 January 2013, 14:41.

Comment

MBNA

Balance £ 13000

DCA Arrow Global

Oct 2012 Sent CCA Request
          Oct 2012 Recieved letter from Arrow Global, suspending activity on the account while they get documentation from original lender
          Dec 2012 Recieved letter from MBNA stating they sold account to Arrow so don't bother them again.
          Last edited by suicidal-sid; 8 January 2013, 15:36.

Comment

Citi Cards

Balance £20000

DCA Moorcroft

Oct 2012 Recieved Letter Requesting ID
            Nov 2012 Sent "You dont need ID letter"
            Nov 2012 Recieved letter from Citi, returned postal order, they no longer own the account it now belongs to Moorcroft.
            Funny as they told me to send CCA to Citi? Knob Heads

Last edited by suicidal-sid; 26 November 2012, 20:11.

Comment

I hope I've done this correctly? Whats the situation with claiming back late payment charges etc? I reckon if I can it would probably cover half of them! I asked them all to freeze the accounts for months and they all said not possible and kept on piling the charges on.......Tossers all of them.....
              Last edited by suicidal-sid; 26 November 2012, 20:22.

Comment

Sid.

My experience of reclaiming charges back has been a complete waste of time. I personally think the banks have hardened their stance in the summer.

If you read about there are many advising (not on here) to take the bank to court to get your money back.

However there are now a number of consumers that are getting counterclaims from the banks.

Letters and FOS will get you no where so it would be court action if you wanted to get them back.

That said if you go down UE why bother you aint paying em back so they can add as many as they want.

Just my experience tho. Think they can be useful in a F & F if you needed to use them on an EN account. Niddys the man on that if you end up down that route ever.

Comment

Sorry if this is a dumb question but when does the SB date start from, is it the last proper payment to the OC, from the default date or do nominal £1 payments still count?
                  And one of the DCA's has been paying £1 on my behalf since I stopped paying them, should I do something about this or does it not matter as long as I'm not paying it?

Comment

What is statute barred debt?

Statute barred debt is debt which in certain circumstances becomes unenforceable in court. The piece of legislation which sets out these circumstances is the Limitations Act 1980. So when a creditor comes chasing you for an old debt you can use the following information to access whether or not your debt is time barred.
                    How long can a creditor chase a debt?

This is dependent on the type of debt you have. The most common form of debt which people ask about in our forum is unsecured debts eg credit cards, personal loans, store cards, catalogues, bank loans, finance company loans etc. The Limitations Act 1980 states that when the following conditions are met then the debt cannot be pursue through the courts.

The conditions are:-
                    • That the creditor has not taken court action against you, eg CCJ, AND
                    • You have not made any payments on the debt over the last 6 years,AND
                    • During the years, you haven't written to the creditor acknowledging that owe them money.
                    As you can see all three conditions must be met in order for the debt to be "time barred".
                    It's 5 years if you are in Scotland.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sid
                      Personally I would write to the DCA telling them that the payments that are being applied to the account do not come from you. Just be careful not to acknowledge the debt. Send it recorded and keep a copy, that way, should it get to SB and they claim it isn't you have some evidence.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

As for writing and complaining to the FOS etc, I know many people say do not bother but if everyone took that stance there would never be any complaints.
                      All depends if you have the time and energy to go through with it

Comment

Originally posted by suicidal-sid View Post
                        Mint Cards

Balance £4000

Oct 2012 Sent CCa
                        Oct 2012 Recieved request for signature
                        Nov 2012 Sent "you dont need it" letter
                        Dec 2012 Recieved threat from solicitors (Green&Co)
                        Dec 2012 Recieved "we need signature" for second time along with my cca and po.
                        What should I send them now? Theyre obviously desparate for my signature!

Comment

MBNA

Balance £ 13000

DCA Arrow Global

Oct 2012 Recieved letter from Arrow Global, suspending activity on the account while they get documentation from original lender
                          Dec 2012 Recieved letter from MBNA stating they sold account to Arrow so don't bother them again.
                          Should I send these idiots anything? (arrow) Maybe ask them if it's UE?
                          I wish I'd discovered this site years ago!! Thanks everybody, even If I get nowhere it's good knowing your'e not on your own!

Comment

What should I send them now? Theyre obviously desparate for my signature!
                            Have a read here from 280 onwards---> SXGuy's UE Diary

I wish I'd discovered this site years ago!! Thanks everybody, even If I get nowhere it's good knowing your'e not on your own!
                            I would wait ......
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I had the same from NW playing a game of ping-pong with letters going back and forth. "We need your signature" "No you don't" They have now passed the account to Shoosmiths who also asked me for my signature only to have the full facts pointed out to them. They then wrote back informing me that they have recommended to their client to respond to my CCA request. It's either dig your heels in like I have done - I'm stubborn like that - or you can sign normally over one of AAD's tamper proof signature strips. Either way they are in default until they comply. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
                                It's either dig your heels in like I have done - I'm stubborn like that - or you can sign normally over one of AAD's tamper proof signature strips.
                                Personally, I would always dig my heels in.

I'm not saying it would be easy, but it would technically be possible to scan in a signature on a tamper proof strip, and then painstakingly white out all of the print in between the lines of the signature. Remember, it is possible to greatly magnify an image, edit it, then shrink it back to size.

The law is clear enough. Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 require the account holder to supply documentation in response to a legitimate request. There is no requirement upon the supplicant to provide a sample signature. The Data Protection Act, which is usually used as an excuse not to comply, does not override the Consumer Credit Act.

The correct procedure is to make a legitimate request, and then to inform the alleged creditor of their default status should they begin demanding a signature (once the prescribed number of days has passed). The default will remain until the time that they accept the true interpretation of the law and send the paperwork. If it goes SB in the meantime, who is disadvantaged?

Always refuse to give in to this unjustified bullying, because the law is on your side. I am a great admirer of the way you have handled your situation, billytommo.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X