GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Frazier's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frazier's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frazier's Diary

Originally posted by frazier View Post
    Type of account Barclaycard

Date commenced February 2008

Approx balance. £750

Date last paid October 2012

Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP - recently offered part full and final settlement, which is currently pending since start of October 2012

Status DMP/Voluntary Plan

Account owner Barclays/Mercers

Diary

07/10/2012 - sent CCA request to Barclays

20/10/2012 - received letter from Barclays dated 18/10 saying: "Dear XXXXX, Reference: Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We acknowledge receipt of your request for information under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 dated 07/10/12. We are dealing with your request and will respond as soon as possible. Yours sincerely, XXXXX.........Barclaycard Customer Services"

15/12/2012 - received letter from Barclays dated 13/10 basically saying they have sold the debt to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd and that the repayment would continue as normal until a review in 6 months time: "....This letter is notice of the agreed assignment of the debt. This means we will close your account with Barclaycard and you will receive contact within 30 days from Link Financial Outsourcing Limited......" yours sincerely, XXXX Senior Collections Manager - Barclaycard

19/01/2013 - received letter from Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd dated 16th January 2013. They have written to confirm that "Barclaycard have assigned your account, as referenced to [previous letter]...." They will honour previous informal arrangement I had with Barclaycard (that I have cancelled just as it was being sold to Link Financial).
    Please see update above 19/01/2013 re: Bayclaycard selling debt to Link. Shall I write back now or wait a while? They think an agreement is set up as per Barclaycard informal agreement, but there is not one in place with them, and I also cancelled the one with Barclaycard. Thanks for your help/advice in advance - Frazier.

Comment

I would just send a sold in dispute letter

Comment

Playing devils advocate for 1 second, a few of these debts are post April 2007.

So CCA or not, wouldnt make a difference.

Although by all means blag them until you think they are serious with court action.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It doesn't look as though the bank ever responded to the request made on 7/10/12, in which case it is still in default. If this is a Sharklaycard, there is every chance that the agreement won't even exist, even though it was taken out in 2008.

SH

Comment

Any updates ?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi are you OK ?
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
              X